Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Tuesday Taggers Christmas Trees + Blog Hop Winner

Hi all.

How are we all today? It's a lovely crisp and fresh morning here in Scotland. Makes a change!!

So it's Tuesday, and time for another theme at Tuesday Taggers, and this week we want to see all your Christmas Tree projects, whatever they are.

I wanted to stay away from making another card for this theme, and decided to make an ornament for my mantle. Trouble is, I enjoyed it so much, I had to make another one!

I found these polystyrene cone shapes in my local craft shop, and saw a sample of what they used it for. They used strips of paper folded in half and pinned to the cone, so I thought - I can do that too!



I have used papers from Funky Hand for this project, which I have tweaked in Photoshop to get the lovely pinky plum colour I wanted. Then all I did was print out some sheets of A4 and cut them into strips about a centimetre wide across the width. I cut them in half, then folded them in half so I had a loop about 4cms long, I put a pencil in the loop, and then made the rest of the strip twirly using the edge of my scissors just to give it some shape. The one I saw in the shop was straight, but I wanted more body in mine.

Then I just sat there for ages sticking the strips into the cone with pins. After that I made the smaller matching one. The tops were made with a larger strip of matching paper that I folded into a cone shape and stuck with double sided tape. Last thing I did was add some little silver snowflakes for a bit of bling!

This project just happens to fit a couple of other challenges this week, so I hope my teamies don't mind but I'm entering them too!

First, as I have used Funky Hand papers and made a Christmas Decoration, I am entering their December challenge at Get Funky. Also at Bee Crafty they want to see Decorations too. I know I am supposed to use a digital image, but the papers are all digital ones, so I hope that counts?? And finally at Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge they want to see matching sets. Hope matching ornaments will count for that one. . . ?

Right, so off you go to the Tuesday Taggers blog to see our DT's lovely samples, and have a go!!

And now for the winner of my blog hop digi image, the Golden Eagle.




As drawn by my very own random thingy - Hazel, the winner is:

Evelyn C - well done Evelyn!!

If you get in touch with your email, I will send your image ASAP

Thanks to everyone who took part in the blog hop. Don't forget to check in at the other DT's blogs to see if you won their image! And the BIG winner of the Stampman goodies will be announced on the TT blog later tonight, so keep your eyes peeled for that too!

17 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
These trees look great and yet when you explian how you did it it doesn't sound difficult. A great idea.
We woke up this morning to a peasouper - couldn't see the other side of the street. Cleared away now but it's damp and dreich.
Hugs,
Fiona x

joey said...

Hiya Teri

ooooooooooooo those trees look fantastic!!!

Joey.x

PaperCrafty said...

Hi Teri!!

Your tree project is gorgeous!! I love the pink!! Thanks for playing with us at the Bee Crafty Challenge!!

daisy said...

Fabulous trees Teri. Luv the colour too xx

Anice said...

What a great idea and so effective! Thanks for joining in with this months Challenge on Get Funky!
Anice xx

Biscuitlid said...

wow what a gorgeous tree - that must've taken you ages!

Thanks for joining us at Bee Crafty

Victoria
x

Bee said...

These are lovely Christmas decorations, realy effective design. Great choice of paper and pretty embellishments. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Kath said...

wow wow wow Teri...this is fabulous...but it must have taken you ages....what a gorgeous christmas decoration and thanks for joining in my challenge this month at Get Funky....hugs kath xxxxx

Avril Ann said...

Eveyln is so lucky to be getting this image....you son, is a wee star too....love your Xmas trees, I had seen them on the ECP website and thought, mmmm, but ran out off time....just as well..LOL. Hugs Avril xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Teri

Your little Christmas trees are gorgeous - I love them.

You must have lots of patience.

Thank you for joining in the "Get Funky" Challenge this month and Happy Christmas to you too!

Helen said...

Wow....fab trees!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Allison said...

oooh these are just super duper
Thanks for joining in this month at Get Funky
AllisonX

Anne Jagger said...

Gorgeous trees

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful project and forget about who won but send me the scrumptious cutie holding the name - I'm hungry!!! Too sweet not to eat!! LOL

Micki said...

OMG, OK, I'm coming to live with you :-). I've seriously been contemplating running away from home and I'll swim across the big pond, lol.

love it.

Dolly said...

Fabulous tree, so effective.:)x

Tip Top said...

I've seen these made with ribbon and they looked really fiddly but this looks fab and simple to make!!

Kids are great random generators - I have two!!!

Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!