Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Sweet Sketch #26

Hiya folks!

WOW, another Wednesday already! Time for another lovely sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. This week we have a doubletake for you too. That means you get to choose which sketch you'd like to follow. As part of the DT we got to use both!





We also have another fabby sponsor - Melyssa from Whimsie Doodles! How cool is that! We got to play with some of her new images for our sketches, here is what I came up with:




I used a variety of digital papers for the backings. On the first card I used the cute cupcake images with trees on top, and coloured them with my watercolour pencils. Then I raised them up with foam pads and put some snow writer on the trees. The ribbon is from my local craft shop.

For the second, doubletake card, I used this lovely snowman angel image, again coloured with my pencils. I cut the first image out using my Nestabilities die and inked round the edges of it. The sentiment is from the same image set, and I cut that using another Nestabilities die, again inking the edges. I also raised this up with foam pads, along with some of the image for extra depth. The last thing was to add some bling with my gold stickles, and some organza ribbon, from the stash.

Now you get to have a go! You don't need to use our sponsors images for this challenge, just choose one or both of the sketches for your entry - we'd love to see what you all create! For some extra inspiration, head over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see what my DT sister's have come up with - we'd love to see you there!

10 comments:

mulberry station said...

ooowww, I just the the lavender and blue you have used for the Snow Angel. You card is beautiful!! Love the cupcake card too. Especailly, with the added snow to the trees.

Lisa T said...

Pretty cards! I love the soft purple & blue colorscheme on your snowman card!

Rose said...

What beautiful cards Teri! Your work is always amazing! Have a SWEET day!

Jeannie said...

Great job with the snow on the trees - luv that, and the purple and blue card is just gorgeous!!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Teri,
Your cards are fantastic. I love the snow on your trees and I especially love your snow angel...the soft colors: blue, lavender and yellow and the little bit of dimensional glitter is so perfect.

Arlana said...

Trei Love how you used the blues an purple and the sone on the tree are just so perfect. Love you fun triped digital paper. Check out the bottom of my page for a link to my background paper. She has lost on her site. Tanks for all you do.

LINDA said...

OH I love them both.. the images are so cute.. Lovely designs.. Really beautiful work..
Hugs, Linda

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous cards Teri!! I always love that you layer your images to give them that dimension!! Great job!!

Kelly Landers said...

Teri your cards are simply wonderful. I love the way you shrunk the trees for the mini circles and the colors on your second one are so sweet!! Great job!!

Katie Skiff said...

These are both very cute, I love the purples. I also love the snow on the trees!!