Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Springtime Snowdrop

Hi all.

I know, we haven't even started winter properly yet, but I am already dreaming of Spring! Well, early Spring anyways, when the first Snowdrops pop their dainty heads over the snow (if you have any that is!)

I wanted to showcase one of my new designs, which is a little Snowdrop image. It is available now on my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I have copied and overlaid the image to make two together on this card, and coloured with my watercolour pencils before layering with my foam pads.



The papers are from the new Joanna Sheen Botanical cd, some gorgeous images there. I recoloured the paper to suit the colour theme for this card, which is from the Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday Challenge (Pink, Green and Purple) You need to look for the purple here, it is the inked edges of the card and pink backing paper, and also the sentiment.

I have followed the sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp for my layout.



Instead of circles, I have used some punched flowers made with leftover paper from the backings, and a wee gem in the centre.

Right then, off to have some 'Tea and Cakes' and my little ones 'Cafe' at school. Yum!

13 comments:

LINDA said...

Simply Beautiful!! Love the image and the clean and fresh look of this card.. Very Lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi again Teri,
This is absolutely beautiful. The snowdrops are gorgeous.
hugs,
Fiona x

Arianne said...

Adorable card!
Love what you did with my sketch.
Thanks for playing along with us at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Dragonlady said...

This is so gorgeous Teri, I lov ethe spring an dthese are my favourite flowers. Great card.

Hugs Ali x

PaperCrafty said...

Lovely card Teri!!

Lil Sis said...

Great card Teri.

BTW you won my blog hop candy please get in contact so I can pop in the post,

Beccy x

Jenn said...

Fabulous card, thanks for playing along with us at SSDS!

Enfys said...

That is just beautiful, I love snowdrops and you have really captured those delicate drooping flowers, great job

Avril Ann said...

Oh Me too Teri, this weather just plays havoc with my health, love Xmas, hate the weather, I spent all day yesterday on my stomach, as the pains had went to my bottom, how awful is that....?, Hugs Avril xxxx

Lynda said...

What a beautiful card Teri - I love snowdrops too!

Love Lynda xxx

Rene said...

Such a pretty card! Awesome job! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle!
Scrappy Love,
Rene'

Carlie M. said...

Awesome Card!!! Thanks for joining us on Stamp Scrap and Doodle Saturdays!!!

Mimiko said...

This is so delicate and beautiful :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira xx