Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Snowflake and Sparkle - DT entry

Hi all!

Hope you are all well today. Glad you could join me here on my patch of blogland.

This card is for five challenges, and a DT entry!!

First up is the sketch, provided by the lovely ladies at Papertake Weekly. Getting my entry in a bit earlier this week!!




Next up at Digital Tuesday, the theme is Christmas Sparkle, and at Sophisticat the theme is Snowflake and Sparkle. At MyGrafico, they are wanting to see some Gingham or Plaid, and last up is a Non-Traditional Colour theme at A Spoon Full Of Sugar. Phew! I hope this card covers all of these. . .?




I am using a Snowflake Medallion digital image which was a Freebie at 'Fred She Said' ages ago. I have used it before, it is such a versatile image! I have cut out and layered it with foam pads, and coloured with my watercolour pencils. To this I have added silver dots with my Pebeo Touch dimension paint. It is fastened with a glittery snowflake brad that I have added some ink to, followed by a glitter spot in the middle.

Papers used are from Funky Hand, one of the word book downloads, which I have tweeked in Photoshop to give me the colour I wanted. The Gingham paper is from Tinker & Co, also tweeked for the right colour. I added some silver stickles round the edges of one of the sheets for some extra sparkle!!

Last thing was the sentiment. Didn't have one indicated on the sketch, so I popped a silver peel-off down the side. Forgot to mention I rubbed some ink round the edges of the base card, and the Gingham paper.

Hope it will do folks! I have also decided to use this as an entry for a DT position at Stampin' For The Weekend. Fingers crossed!!

10 comments:

JanJay said...

Oh your card is absolutely beautiful, I love how the snowflake is the main image on the card, and the colours you've used are gorgeous.

Best of luck with the DT call.

Thanks so much for taking part in my challenge & playing along with us at Sophisticats

Jan x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Teri!!!
Good luck with the DT-call!!!!

Saskia :)

Lynda said...

Fabulous card Teri - that snowflake is gorgeous. Love the colours you chose. Hope you're successful with the DT call.

Love Lynda xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful snowflake.
luv
Debby

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Teri!! Good luck with the DT Call!!

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning creation I love not only the colours but that snowflake medallion is just so beautiful thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Avril Ann said...

And there you go again Teri with another beautiful card, I love the image, as I do with all your images, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week, Hugs Avril xxxx

Anne said...

Oh my goodness Teri, you have been SOOOO busy - all these gorgeous, gorgeous cards and I'm only just managing to get to see them!! I absolutely swooned over your candle for WW this week! Fabulous and classy!! xxx

Karen said...

Gorjus card such lovely colours too. That snowflake is fab!
Good luck with the DT entry and challenges.
Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats.
Love Karen x

blackdragon said...

Hello Teri... hope you are well, warm and not getting to much rain.
What can i say... wonderful card... everything you create is brilliant.... You dont need luck for the DT call, you have talent by the bucket load.... but i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.
Thanks for joining in at sophisticats.... i'm dreading tt blog hop... i'm not about until 9.30pm so hope it goes well.
Love and hugs lynx