Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Rock On Dudes. . . !

Me again folks!

Post no. 2 for today, so scroll down for no. 1.

This one is a complete break from the norm. I have been following the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential blog and their challenges for a couple of weeks, but have't entered anything yet. After seeing their challenge this time I just had to have a go. I don't get much chance at expressing my musical taste, and you probably wouldn't guess from my blog, but I'm a bit of a Rock Chic at heart.

The challenge is to 'express the music in your soul'. I do like other types of music, a bit of Vivaldi, some '80's stuff, but mostly good old fashioned Guitar Riffs are my bag. To name a few: Guns 'n' Roses, Whitesnake, Metallica, ACDC, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Ozbourne. Sorry, not much modern stuff. . . LOL


I made this card to reflect this, by using a fab image I found on the 'net, and it is in my fav colour purple. Of course, being a bit 'Goth' I had to use black with the purple, and to keep it a bit girly I used some lovely lace. Also glams it up a bit, as I grew up in the Glam Rock era, with Slade, The Sweet, Gary Glitter, etc., etc. Showing my age now. . . !!

Now, Rock ain't Rock without a bit of studwork, but I haven't got any of those any more (all went a bit rusty years ago!) so I emulated that with some silver brads, and used some silver mirri for the words cut using my sidekick and a sizzix alphabet.

Ahhhh - memories. . . . I shall have to go put the stereo on. Now what shall I listen to first. . . ?

8 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hello Teri and welcome to the Saturday Spotlight challenges!! You're a girl after my own heart!! :) I grew up on all the muscial groups you've mentioned and I absolutely LOVE your take on your musical style!! The added lace behind the image is so awesome!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!! I hope you can join us again when we return in the New Year!! HUGS

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
Busy day today obviously. Love the card. Such a vivid image. Great.
Hugs,
Fiona x

PatR said...

Keep on Rockin' Great card and I bet you've been doing a bit of air guitar!
Pat xx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Rock on! LOVE your card! I also am a throwback to the days of electric guitars, power chords, men with long hair who sing like someone has their "schtuff" in a vice! Alice Cooper and AC/DC are my all time favorites!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Gonna go fire up the ol' turntable now.....

Kim said...

Well, we have more than card making in common! I totally love the 80's music! You sure rocked this card. That image is fab and so is your design!!!! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

lachsekatze said...

Great.
I love the colors (big fan of black and purple), the lace and of course the theme. Btw - the picture is awesome. ;-)
I am some years younger, I think, and my taste of music varies a bit (more modern stuff *smile*) but good old fashioned metal or rock is like tomato juice for me: I would not drink it every day, but every now and then it's more than tasty.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Hello girlfriend!! I'm so glad you have joined in on the SS challenges! This creation is AMAZING and so YOU!!! What fun! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight ... we're taking a break but will be back Jan. 2nd ... hope you'll continue to join in on the fun!! GREAT job!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

This card is FAB!! You know we are a Rock Band family and the guys are gonna love this one! LOL Yes they look too! Super cool Dude!!