Tuesday, 29 December 2009

A Poorly Moo. . .

Hiya folks.

Hope I find you all safe and well today?

Woke up this morning with a fresh covering of snowy stuff - not much, but it looks better than the frozen slush that was there!! Bloomin' birds are eating me out of house and home - already got through SIX slices of bread this morning, and it isn't 11 o'clock yet! I wonder if my Tesco food delivery is going to get here today . . . ?

My card for today has been made for my very own poorly little moo, Hazel. Poor thing keeps getting coughs and colds one after the other, and she needs a tooth extracted, but the dentist is on holiday until 4th January! Bummer. . . So this is for her.



I drew the Poorly Moo image for a customer originally, but it is just right for this card. The layout is from the sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp. Poorly Moo is available for purchase in my blog shop Delicious Doodles.



All the papers are from Funky Hand, the Salt + Pepper set. I made the colour images into greyscale in Photoshop, then I could make them any colour I wanted in my Page Makeup programme. I chose a pale green to go with the 'off-colour' sentiment. Then I made the flowers with my punches and some paper from another Funky Hand set 'Hearts and Flowers'. The ribbon is from the stash, as are the little flower brads in the background. I cut the front of the card in a circle shape to fit the sketch.

Let's hope she gets better soon - I hate to see her all mopey and miserable. . .

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the bright colours on this card and the moo cow is very sweet. No white stuff here but it is cold.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Teri!
Oh my word is this ever the cutest Moo I ever saw!!!!! Fantastic card, Girl! I LOVE IT!!! Your flowers are amazing!
Hope you had a nice Christmas!
Hugs,
Lisa

PaperCrafty said...

What a great get well card!! He is too cute!!

Kim said...

Frist, I hope your little doll is feeling much better very soon. Next, this card is precious. Love the sentiment and the design, your moo cow is too cute...you have such the talent fot doodles. Big hugs.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Arianne said...

What a great Moo! Hope yours feels better soon!
Thanks for joining our challenge at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

having a {me} day said...

Oh what a fantastic card! I do so hope your poorly moo gets better soon. At least in time for the New Year! Happy holidays! kxx

Mimiko said...

This is just darling, I love it :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira xx

clare said...

great card...so love this image..its fab.
thaks for taking part in SS&S challenge good luck Clare DT

Barb said...

Teri, it's a wonderful card! Great take on the sketch, too. I am so glad you took part in the Sunday Sketch and Stamp Challenge!

Barb, DT