Monday, 14 December 2009

Pink and Green Christmas

Hiya folks!

At last I get to the compy! Since I posted my Doodles this morning I haven't been able to get to it because of the little one hogging it all day!!

Anyway, I'm here now, with a card for five challenges. Don't know about you, but my Chrismas mojo is waining - roll on Spring!!

I started this card with a sketch from the Friday Sketchers, and used the colour schame at La-La-Land which is Pink and Green. Non-traditional colours I know, but they seem to work with the little extras added. I used papers from digital kits by Funky Hand and Tinker & Co.



A few challenges have Christmas as their themes this week - no surprise there then! This Christmas card is for Just Magnolia, Pink Elephant and Sophisticat, who all want anything Christmassy.



I didn't layer this image, as it is so sweet, and I was so happy with the colours on this layer that I didn't want to spoil it by messing up the colours on later layers. I coloured her with my watercolour pencils. I also used these on the Poinsettia flowers. These are a duplicated image from my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I printed them out several times and coloured in seperate layers before cutting, folding and sticking in place.

Last thing I did was totally destroy a Christmas decoration (bought for the purpose - don't worry!) so I could use the lovely huge bead and have it hanging from a ribbon bow. This is made from two Organza ribbons tied together. Just adds that little something don't you think?

Thinking about it I could also enter this into Cute Card Thursday, as they want to see 'Beads', and I think this big one counts as a bead. . . Well, I can but try!

Hope you all have a good day, off to cook some food for the family now. . .

9 comments:

Kim said...

Love this card. Your paper poinsettias are gorgeous and so is your Magnolia! I'm loving the pink and green for Christmas! Beautiful work!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Ann said...

Love those flowers and that image is so cute. Great card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is stunning. I love the mix of lilacs greens and burgandy. The image is beautifully coloured and I love your flowers - they are awesome. The charm is a nice touch below the bow.
Hugs,
Fiona x

JanJay said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love the soft colours.

Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week

Jan x

Mina said...

fabulous card Teri, and my fav Tilda well at the moment anyway lol...thank you for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Avril Ann said...

Hi Teri, I had to have my own Laptop and I love it, no-one is allowed to touch it...LOL, we have had so many computer problems in the past with the youngsters and their MSN....so they have their own, cheaper laptop......LOL. Wondering if you are going to have a "New Year" image available....but I digress as usual...thanks for joining us at Sophsiticats this week, with your gorgeous card.....Hugs Avril xxxx

Kathy said...

Pretty card!! Love this sweet image and your flowers look so pretty!
:)Kathy

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Teri!! I love Tilda!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

tina said...

So sweet, Teri. Love the crystal. Thanks for creating with us at TPE.