Friday, 11 December 2009

Oh Little Star. . .

Hiya folks!

Guess what? The sun is out again!! We are being spoilt! Bit of a frost this morning, hubbay had to scrap it off the windscreen before setting off to work. I hope I find you all well this afternoon?

My card today is going into six challenges. So without any further blather here we go:


My layout is following the sketch at Delightful Sketches. Just had to use this one, as it looked so lovely! I chose to use a Star image with a couple of lines from 'Twinkle, twinkle little star', as this was in keeping with a few challenges.

At Digital Tuesday they wanted a card that was inspired by a christmas song or Psalm, well, I don't do Psalms, so I used 'Twinkle, twinkle' instead. 'Twinkle' is required at Cute Daisy May, so I hope this will do for that challenge. There is a bit of twinkle round the edge of the card and papers in the form of some pearlescent ink that I rubbed on. And at Penny's Challenges they want a 'Christmas Star', this most definately fits that one, no bother!

At Papertake Weekly they do not want to see any Red or Green - nope, none here! And at A Spoon Full of Sugar the theme is 'Monotones, but not black', so I chose Browns.

I used some lovely leather effect cardstock for the base, and inked the edges, as I said, with some pearlescent bronze ink. I also rubbed some round the papers, which are from Tinker & Co. I made the paper the colours I wanted using Photoshop, this time in two shades of brown.

The Star image I whipped up in Photoshop last night, which I surrounded with the text from the song. This was layered onto some pearlescent brown cardstock, which I also layered the sentiment on. I also inked the edges here for some extra shimmer. The organza ribbon I got from my local craft shop, wrapped it round the edge and tied in a knot. The image and sentiment are raised on foam pads for some depth. I like to add a bit of depth to my cards, but not too much, as it costs more to post if it is over 5mm thick!!

Righty-ho then. Off to enter into all the challenges now then, followed by some major HW - ugh!

29 comments:

Linnie said...

Beautiful work soooo elegant
Thankyou for coming out to play with CDM this week
linniex

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is gorgeous. Really classy. the colours are brilliant and I love the wording round the mounted panel is a nice touch.
Great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card Teri!! I love the dramatic colors!!

Lynda said...

Oh Teri this is just beautiful - you are so clever at creating different images. I could do with some lessons lol.

Love Lynda xxx

spiritofcreativity said...

Beautiful card Teri, thank you for joining us at CDM this week
Ann x

Bonibleaux Designs said...

OMY girl this is stunning!!! is a wind screen the same as a wind shield? LOL

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Teri!!! This is just stunning!!! Everything about it is lovely!!! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa said...

wonderful job, I love it, thanks for joining us at DS

Penny D. said...

Beautiful card!!!

Alison (Groovycrafter) said...

What a STUNNING card and i love the colour combination...
GORGEOUS!!!!
Thanks for joning us at Penny's this week.
Hugs Alison.xx

Saskia said...

So beautiful and elegant! Lovely work Teri!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome creation love the design, the papers and colours and the image is fabulous thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at CDM this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Avril Ann said...

Hi Teri, this is beautiful, yet another stunning drawing, thanks for your good wishes on my blog, I have been so incapacitated this week, still trying to get my DT projects done, 4 down 1 to go, so I am getting there....thanks for playing along at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous creation Teri!! Love your layout and the papers with that image and sentiment panel.So beautiful and elegant! Lovely work Teri!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful and stylish! Thanks for sharing with us at CDM this week.

shellshearer said...

really elegant...love it

hugs shell xx

Kim said...

OMG, the only thing that comes to mind is STUNNING!!!!! First, I love the paper and ribbon, love the star and how you wrapped the text. This is just stunning....everything you make is stunning! :) Thanks for playing again this week at Penny's.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

pinky said...

Just gorgeous, love the subtle colours. Thanks for joining us at cdm this week.
Pinky

Wendy said...

So pretty Teri!! Good to see you again at Delightful Sketches!!

Cindy said...

Beautiful card, Teri!! Always glad to see you at Delightful Sketches!

Craftyanny said...

Fantastic card Terri, thanks for playing along with Delightful Sketches
Anne x

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Terri, so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
Julie x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Teri Girl ... this is GORGEOUS!!! Perfect Christmas star and I just love the color/layout ... well, just everything! Beautiful! Hope you have a happy day! Ready for Santa yet??? Teehee ... me either!!

Micki said...

I love it! It is so elegantly beautiful! (sigh, I missed stopping by and being inspired by your awesome creations :-)

I had to chuckle when I read about 'whipped up in Photoshop'....by the time I get around to playing again, I'll have to take classes again, lol.

80% of the craft stuff is in the craft room (thrown in) so that I could get the family room stuff back inthere to get the dang tree up. After the holidays, I'll have more time to browse blogland again, right now I basically spend every waking minute on the house :-(.

hugs & luv
Mick

rosalien said...

Lovely card, I love the stamps you used and the sentiment twinkle.twinkle little star.:))Thanks for joining our challenge at Delightful Sketches.

Rosalien

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wow Teri! This is stunning. Love the clean elegant look! Thanks for sharing at DTC !

Katie said...

What a stunning card!
I love the image and the sketch worked perfectly!
Thanks for playing at Delightful Sketches!

dstandard said...

Totally gorgeous - love the colors and looks so elegant!

Rachel said...

This is beautiful Teri. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
hugs,
Rachel