Monday, 28 December 2009

New Year Westie

Hi folks!

Hope you have all had a great Christmas Weekend! Back to normal now for most of us - boooo!

My card for today was made for a couple of challenges. First at ICS was the sketch:


Then at Penny's Challenge the theme is for a Mono-New Year. Don't forget, if you use one of Penny's images you get TWO entries!!

I decided to use one of my older images for this one, 'Willie the Westie Seated'. He is available for purchase at my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. For the monotone I chose not to use black and white, but green instead, as it goes better with the Westie. Willie has been coloured with watercolour pencils before cutting out and layering with foam pads.


I used a plaid pattern for the background in a tint, and used the same plaid for the horizontal strip, but in full colour. The half circle paper is from a Damask set bought from MyGrafico. I used the same plaid paper for the flowers, which are made using punches and a tiny gem for the centre. The ribbon is from my stash. The sentiment is computer generated.

Hope you all like it enough to leave a comment here. I appreciate every one of them and really do love reading your thoughts. Thank you to all who have left me some love over the past seven months. Can't believe it took me so long to start blogging - I'm glad I did, or I wouldn't have met such a bunch of lovely people!!

6 comments:

Penny D. said...

omgosh! that is sooo adorable!!!

Thanks for joining us for this challenge!

Kim said...

this is a fabby card! Love it! the green is so very fresh for the new year, and you know I love your little westie! fabby take on the sketch too! thanks for joining us again at Penny's Challenges!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

PaperCrafty said...

Very cute Teri!! Love the fresh green colors!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri.

I just love the colours and your Westie is perfect.

Hugs Ali x

wendipooh13 said...

such a fun card and love the dimension on the card too!!! soo cute. great job with the IC card sketch this week!!

Debs said...

Great card love your westie, thanks for playing at ics