Saturday, 19 December 2009

Milly's Cake

Hiya, me again!

This is my second post today, scroll down for the first one.

Well I am VERY jealous of the snow I have been seeing on other blogs. Ours is so feeble, take a look at my garden:


Yeah - pathetic ain't it!??! Been trying to keep the birdies fed with peanuts, bread and fat balls - they won't starve in my garden! (That's a Chaffinch grabbing a very large peanut in the foreground there!)


Anyway, my second card today is made with another Tinker & Co kit, named Milly's Cake. This will hopefully fit into the challenge at the Little Paper Shop, as they want baking/cakes this time. I have used a sketch from Papertake Weekly for the layout (see above), just seemed to work out so well with this kit too. I love the cerise and black combo, along with many other combo's too.


The papers are printed straight onto white cardstock, as were the frame/text and image. Then I cut out and layered the pieces with foam pads for 3d effect. Last job was to add a wee black scalloped bit (using my Martha Stewart punch), and placing some sassy cerise ribbon on top with a bow made of the same stuff. How easy is that??!!

Ooooh, just spotted some more of the white stuff falling. Come on then, let's have more of it!!! Please?

7 comments:

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Teri!! I love the pink & black!!

Allison said...

Just darling! Love the image and the color palette!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi again Teri,
Beautiful card. I love the purples and the image is beautiful. More snow falling here.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

Well we won't be getting any snow in the South West any time soon, but be careful what you wish for!! Mind you I would think you are better equipped for snow in Scotland ( I am right that where you are from?)
Great card and love the background paper.
If I don't say it now I may forget to say it.
So Have a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. Thanks for all your support in my first 6 months, it has meant a lot.
Thanks

Hugs Ali x

Lynda said...

Hi Teri - another gorgeous card! and I really feel for the little birdies trying to survive this cold weather. As well as feeding them I'm finding it hard to keep some non-icy water out there for them!

Love Lynda xxx

having a {me} day said...

LOL! No snow in Scotland?? Glad to see you feeding the birdies. Also love your card and the fab colour combo. :-))) kxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Teri! Love the dimension and the colors you used! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW! hugs!