Thursday, 17 December 2009

Merry Christmas!

Hiya folks!

Welcome to yet another wet and dreary day here in North East Scotland. Glad I only have to go out to fetch the little one from school - plenty of crafting time for me then - yeay!



My card today isn't actually a card as such. It is an exploding envelope type of thing, and is made to fit the challenge at Polka Doodles this week, which is 'envelopes'.

I have also made it in mind for a few other challenges too, but more on that in a mo.



I wanted to make something to celebrate my finding such a lot of sweet and kind buddies since I found blogland in May this year, so this is for you guys out there!

I made the envelope by drawing a square on the back of a piece of printed card, then I got my compass out and drew semi-circles on the four edges and cute it all out. I suppose you could call it a petal envelope, as it resembles a flower shape when cut out.



Anyway, I stuck some lovely pearlescent brown paper on it, and cut round that, so I had a two-sided shape. Then I scored the edges of the square and folded them inwards to make the envelope.

Inside I have stuck some pearlescent blue paper which I trimmed with decorative scissors. On top of that I printed out my greeting to you all, along with my digi-image of Rudolf (available at Delicious Doodles).

Before sticking this to the blue paper, I coloured the Rudolf with my watercolour pencils. The card is liable to buckle a bit with the water, so I left it to dry overnight so it was straighter this morning.

In the meantime I made loads of punched flowers and leaves to stick on the petals of the envelope, from left over printed card, and more of the brown paper, plus a contrasting brown for the leaves. Here is a close-up of the greeting:



This is for all my new buddies in blogland. Hope you have a lovely Christmas everyone, and thank you all for the wonderful and encouraging comments you have left for me. I cherish each and every one of you. . .!!

So, back to the card thingy. This morning I stuck everything in place, and got my chocolate brown organza ribbon out of my stash to tie it all up with. Love these colours, which by the way are for the challenge at Stampin' For The Weekend. Phew - just in time for this one!!

This also fits into a couple of other challenges too (I hope). At Rosie Dee they want to see 'Rudolf', and at Simon Says Stamp they want us to say 'Merry Christmas'. I think I covered that one - LOL

So there you have it, Merry Christmas one and all!!

17 comments:

Rose said...

This is really awesome Teri! I love this design and may have to whip up a few of these myself! Very cute!

joey said...

Hiya Teri hun,

gorgeous creation, I love the folds on this!.

Thanks so much for your gorgeous christmas card :O)

Joey.x

mulberry station said...

Darling idea Teri! Thanks for the inspiration! I hope you have a Merry Christmas too!!!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is fabulous. I love the exterior paper and the inside is fantastic. By the way we have the white stuff in Kinross - not a huge amount but there is a light covering and the sky looks full of it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa B said...

Oh Teri this is gorgeous!! I love the idea and I may have to try my hand at it!

Merry Christmas!
Lisa

brenda said...

Hi Teri

I love your gift creation, the colours are fab as is tge image, well all of it really.

Thank you for sharing it with us at Rosie D's and Polkadoodles.

B x

TannyP said...

Wow - absolutely gorgeous, Teri! Love the details you've put into this fabulous petal-style card. Inspired!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, too!

Fliss said...

A really clever idea Teri. Might have to give this a try too. Thanks for playing with us at Polka Doodles this week.
xx

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous creation Teri!!

Sue said...

wow that is a gorgeous creation, what a lovely thing to do, merry christmas,sue.x

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Wow, wow!!! Lovely card, so creative!!!

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's! I love Rudolph!!

Saskia :)

Kerry said...

I lovely idea with so many uses. Your exploding envelope is so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Crafty Dawn said...

Oh this is stunning too!

Love Dawn xx

Kris L said...

Just a delight to look at Teri. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow, this is just gorgeous Teri. Just love the papers you have used and what a lovely surprise on the inside !

Thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Challenge.

Happy Christmas !

Jo and the SSC DT x

Tip Top said...

That is one fab card! And the image is just great!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Hey Teri, this is fantastic! Hope you had a good Christmas.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's this week. See you again soon!

Rosie
xx