Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Let It Snow . . .

Hi all.

Hope I find you all safe and well on this cold and frozen morning! Well, my Mum's flight was cancelled today, so we won't be seeing her this Christmas - the kids will be gutted!! Especially my six year old Hazel. She crossed everything this morning too!

Ah well, can't be helped. On to my card for today, which is my DT offering for Tuesday Taggers. Our theme for this week is very apt: 'Let It Snow'!! We chose it weeks ago, how were we to know that it would!! Nice mind, I prefer it to the rain. Much more fresh and bright, except when it turns slushy. No chance of that today, not expected to reach above freezing today - Brrrrrrrrr!

Anyway I digress - this card was the result of rather a lot of pondering over what to do for the theme that I haven't done already. You might recognise the layout, as I have used it a couple of times before, and I have used these papers on the Wolf card a few posts back. But I like them, and they suit the sketch I came up with for it.


I found a lovely pic on the internet, so I borrowed it, and sketched it myself, as I didn't want a photographed look. I wanted everything to be fresh and clean looking, with no other colours interfering. I scanned my sketch into the compy and printed it in a matching colour to the papers. Ribbon is from the stash. The sentiment is computer generated and printed with the paper at the same time. Here is a closeup - I added some glittery bits to the Bears for some bling.


This is our last theme for this year - but don't worry - we will be back!! So hop on over to Tuesday Taggers for some more excellent DT inspiration!


*** NEWS ***


From 27th December for a week there is going to be a Blog Hop at the Stampman, which we are participating in too, with awards and prizes:




So come along and join us - it should be fun!!

5 comments:

Sally H said...

Ooooh Teri! Please can you put the polar bears in your shop? They are absolutely stunning!

Lynda said...

Oh Teri that is such a sweet image. I think I need some lessons in changing the colours on Photoshop - is it easy? I can just about manage cropping a photo lol. I love the softness of the blue on this one.

Love Lynda xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Absolutely stunning card. It's beautiful and the blue shades and sparkle really make it feel cold. Thanks for your lovely card - sorry, I thought I had thanked you but obviously I had omitted to do so - I have been in a tizz lately. The snow is still with us (about 5 inches in the back garden). I think more may be on the way.
Stay safe.
Hugs,
Fiona x

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card Teri!! I love the blues and all the sparkle!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Stunning card. Love the sparkles over the image. It's so cool and the color scheme is awesome!
Hugs,
Cabio