Sunday, 20 December 2009

It's Magherita Time!

Hiya folks!

Hope you are having a great weekend. Got all the shopping done yet?? I'm all done sent and wrapped now. Just the last minute fresh food to get and that's me! Hubby got all the booze in the week, so we are sorted there too - yeay!!

Another tiny flurry of snow overnight, but it froze quite hard too, very dodgy for those out revelling last night, like my hubby with his works doo. Don't fret though, he was home by 1 am (ish). My little one was in my bed last night, so he had to crash on the sofa (what a shame!) At least I didn't get to hear all the drunken snoring and smell the booze and fags on him (yes, he smokes - to my disappointment - tried getting him to give up for years now!)


Right on to my card which is my DT offering for Winter Wonderland this week. Our theme (for a change) is not a Christmas one! We are celebrating the coming of the New Year, 2010, this week. I came up with this image of a Magherita Cocktail Glass, with an Umbrella especially for this theme. If you want it, you can get it at my blog shop, Delicious Doodles.

I coloured it with my watercolour pencils, and did a bit of layering with foam pads. The image of the clock was one I found on the 'net. I just tweaked it in photoshop to get what I wanted before layering it onto some silver mirri card. I used a dotty paper from Funky Hand for my backing, and printed it out a patterned piece from Little Scrap Garden with my sentiment already on it. Nice and simple, just how I like things!!

So, head on over to Winter Wonderland for some extra fab DT inspiration from my DT sisters. MayI just nip in here and wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year from me and The Team at Winter Wonderland!

7 comments:

joey said...

Hiya Teri

I love love love your dt card! fantastic layout and design!

Joey.x

Teri said...

It's gorgeous Teri! Honestly, not only do you create these fabulous digis ..... but you also have brilliant ideas .... that clock is perfect!

Teri xxx

Lynda said...

How fabulous is this Teri - you've captured 'New Year' perfectly. It's an absolutely fantastic card.

Love Lynda xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Great card for the New Year. I love the layout and the layering. Go carefully.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pascale said...

Hi Teri the perfect card for New Year I love the images you have chosen and I agree great design. Hugs Pascale x

Justine said...

This is so much fun, great coloring and the polka dots are perfect with this

Jeannie said...

I luv this!! Any chance of getting that clock image from you??

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie