Saturday, 12 December 2009

A Host of Golden Daffodils. . .

Hiya folks!

I hope your day is as bright and sunny as mine at the moment! If not, then I hope this card brings a spot of sunshine to your day.



I created it for a couple of challenges. At Sophisticat the theme this time os NOT to use an image, but to use a verse, or poem with flowers. After a lot of thought I decided to use a famous poem by Wordsworth - 'I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud'. I love this one about Daffodils, they fill me with such cheer after the long haul of Winter, their blooms are so golden and sunny.

This card was very simple to do. I just printed out the text in a couple of plain frames, and layered it onto some gold mirri card, then placed it on some Bazzil card (meadow).



The flowers are made with punches, and fit with the theme at Whimsy Stamps this week, which is to use dies or punches. I used Bazzil again (Daffodil - coincidence that eh?) and an unknown orange card I had in my scraps box. I placed the big ones at the bottom on top of some leaf shapes I punched from Bazzil (Ivy). And there you have it - job done!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! This is just amazing!! I love those flowers!! So gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Whimsy!! HUGS

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a beautiful card. I love the paper and the flowers and the verse of course takes the mind forward to better weather to come. Dull, damp and cold here today.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

Oh Wow! Stunning card Teri - I love daffodils and I absolutely love this card.

Love Lynda xxx

Avril Ann said...

This is one of my very favourite poems off all times....Teri thanks for playing at Sophisticats this week, Hugs from Avril in a Wet and Misty Edinburgh, xxxx

Faye said...

Teri, it's so beautiful, I love the colours. Have a lovely weekend. x

Kim said...

Teri,
This card does cheer you right up doesn't it? I love those daffodils. I love how your design is clean and simple, allowing the poem and flowers to really pop. Big hugs...
blessings,
Kim xXx

Karen said...

Stunning card with stunning colours and wonderful verse. Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats.

Love Karen x

Christine said...

Beautiful creation stunning colours love it thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps Challenge this wk.

Hugs Christine xx

JanJay said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful, such a gorgeous card & put together so well - really lovely

Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week

Jan x

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Hi Teri, this is super delish hunny. I love it just enough flowers and a wonderful poem. Im sorry im late on coming over I have been celebrating my sons 18th & have been busy with all the preps.
Fantastic entry thanks so much for joining us over at Sophisticats this week.
Good Luck
Lisa.xx
DT/Owner