Sunday, 6 December 2009

Ho-Ho-Ho!!

Hi folks!

Hope you are all having a great weekend. . .

It's Sunday morning, so time for another theme at Winter Wonderland. I do hope you are all getting you card stashes posted early. I'm only just getting round to writing mine out today - me bad!!

Did you know that today is Santa's Birthday?? AND our very own Avril Ann is another year wiser too?? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

So we decided that this week's theme is to be 'Ho Ho Ho', now, you can interpret that however you like, but I decided to use a Santa image anyway.



The card I made is one of those Stair Step cards which I made from a backing paper from Funky Hand. It is part of a downloadable christmas kit. I printed it off onto cardstock and cut/scored it to get the shape I wanted.

The Ho Ho Ho text is from a freebie font I found on the net, which I printed in red and cut round before sticking in place. I have put some glistening snow writer on the snowflake bits of this, but you can hardly see it in the photo. Honestly, the light up here in Scotland has been dreadful over the last couple of weeks, including today!!



Santa in the Chimney is a new image I drew last week, but I haven't had time to list it yet on my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I'll get round to it later I hope! Anyway, I coloured with watercolour pencils and layered up with foam pads. I have placed some Snow Writer round the edges of the card as fake snow, just for an extra something.

Last thing was to finish it off with a giant bow, which I made from some gorgeous tartan ribbon I found in the Pound Shop. Trouble is, it is wired and made it difficult to tie in a bow. Still, I managed it after a lot of cursing!!

So, off you go to Winter Wonderland for some more yummy inspiration from my lovely sisters on the DT! Let's see all those Santa's!!

9 comments:

Pascale said...

Hello Teri a fabulous step card I adore the HO HO HO I must try one of these cards in the new year. Hugs Pascale

Teri said...

Absolutely gorgeous Teri!!! Love your step card!

Teri xx

Kim said...

This step card is AWESOME, love the image and the ho, ho, ho! You really rocked this one, my friend!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Teri!!! I LOVE this!!!! Super cute Santa, and this stair step is just wonderful! Do you happen to remember where you got the font? It's really pretty! Goes perfect on your card too~!
Hugs,
Lisa

Rose said...

Your stair step card is just amazing Teri! Have a wonderful day!

joey said...

Fantastic card Teri hun, the folds are brill!!! Joey.xxx

Saskia said...

Ho, ho, ho.... you made a great Santa-card!!!

Saskia :)

Lynda said...

What a brilliant way to say HoHoHo - I love this card Teri.

Love Lynda xxx

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous stepper card Teri!! I LOVE it!!