Thursday, 3 December 2009

Golden Angel

Hi all.

Hope you are having a great day. Sadly it is raining, YET AGAIN, here in North East Scotland. Shame, can't get out, so I'll just have to craft some more then won't I ? - LOL!!




Three challenges for this card then. First one being at Midnight Madness, with me following their yummy sketch. Here it is:



Then at Whimsy Stamps Challenge they want Monochromatic cards. Yeah, I know there was black in the image. This lovely Milly Angel came from Tinker & Co, and is ALREADY COLOURED - so I don't get to do any colouring - no mess!! I have tried to be rid of the black though by smothering it with gold stickles. Not sure if it worked really, but whatever!

Lastly, the theme this week at Cute Card Thursday is 'Girly'. Well, I can't see a fella wanting this one, can you!!?

Like I said, the image is from Tinker & Co. I printed her out three times, cut out and layered with foam pads, and threw stickles at it!! Luckily the image comes with her sitting on a cloud, so it was perfect for the sketch! For the circle bit behind, I used some fluffy feathers that I inked with some gold round the edges.

The backing papers are from a set by Raspberry Road Designs. I made it the colour I wanted in my photoshop package, then inked the edges with some more of that gold ink. Then I used gold brads for the dotty bits on the sketch.

Right, off to do some serious work now then. MUST get my calendars made up, as I hope to sell a few on Saturday at the School Craft Fair. I just hope the rain stays off for that few hours. . .

16 comments:

Micki said...

Dang girl, you create the most beautiful cards!!!! Well, I had to do a double take when I read that you had black and tried to get rid of it with Stickles. Definitely works :-). Still sick, contemplating gargling with some alcohol.... lol... Hope to be back to somewhat normal next week... miss you guys.

hugs

Priscilla said...

What a wonderful card. It is so pretty and yes very girlie :) You followed the sketch pefectly..well done. Your work is always so clean and sharp and your picture quaility really shows off your projects. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch Challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Phyllis said...

What a lovely angel on this cute card. Great colors!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.


Phyllis MMDesign Team

Phyllis said...

Very cute angel on this lovely card. Great colors and take on the sketch. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing along this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Sunshine said...

Oh your angel is lovely! Nice of Mother Mature to provide you with a crafty day! good luck with this weeks challenge! Hugx, Sunshine: ^D

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I think this card is really classy. The angel is beautiful and really suits the papers and colouring. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Carol said...

Teri the wings on this Angel are awesome. What a beautiful card with all the lovely details and glitz. Just wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness.

Carol
MMSC-Design Team

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, love that sweet image. Great colors and layout, love the feather accent too. Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Challenges. :)

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Teri - this is just adorable! I love everything about it from the image to the fabulous colours and embellishments! You have used the sketch beautifully- I am loving it! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week Teri - don't forget to check back on Friday for the HUGE giveaway! We look forward to seeing you at the BLog Hop next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your monochromatic colors and your feather accent with the delicate angel!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This is just breath-taking!! I love the angel and the colors look gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Whimsy challenges this week!! HUGS

Dragonlady said...

Wow Teri, well done on doing this sketch. It is a gorgeous card.

Hugs Ali x

BUBBLEFROG said...

What a beautiful card! He is such a cute little fellow! Well done.

resmith said...

Such a beautiful angel card!! Thanks for joining us at Whimsy this week.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Holy Cow ... this is AWESOME and a perfect follow of the sketch & theme! WOW ... you are SO GOOD!! Thanks for always inspiring me!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute & precious angel. Love the feather and the color that added extra softness. Thanks for joining us at the MMSC and hope to see you again next week!
Hugs,
Cabio
MMSC GDT