Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Cuddly Snowman

Hi again folks!

Second post today, so scroll down for the first one!

My second card today is for two challenges. First up is the layout and I followed the cute sketch at Pixie Cottage for it.


The second challenge is at The Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge, and they have a theme of 'Snow', plus there is a chance of a Guest DT spot available. OOooohhh - I'm up for that!!


I used papers from Tinker & Co, and placed them on a white blank that is inked round the edges. I made the strip across the middle with a border from the same set, and laid it on top of a piece of white that I used my Martha Stewart doily punch on. I inked the edge of that too, so it could be seen against the white of the cardstock.

The image is from Cuddly Buddly, and is printed a couple of times, then coloured with my watercolour pencils before cutting out and layering with foam pads. Last job was to add the silver stickles and snowflake brads (from the stash).

Really quick and simple, once I had decided which papers to use that is. I think that took longer than making the card did!!

13 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri, I can see that you are on a roll again today. Another fabulous card. I really love the Santa.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Jane Carroll said...

fabulous card - very cute

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

hugs jane x

CreaRenata said...

What a great card Teri! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage.

mulberry station said...

Busy gal this morning Teri! Very cute Santa card!

Rose said...

Another great card Teri! I love it! Your work is just beautiful!

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Great card! I love the colours, and the snowman is so cute!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

Fabulous card, he is a lovely cuddly snowman. Like your gallery too.

Hugs Ali x

Kim said...

I love how your snowman appears to be popping out through the frame! Your card is fab! Love the snowflakes and the dainty little lace punch. The papers remind me of blowing snow.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

LINDA said...

Teri,What an adorable card.. Love the cute snowman..Great design.. The colores are wonderful.. Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

TannyP said...

You've always got the most wonderful dimension - I adore this sweet card and your colors....LOVELY!

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable card Teri!! Frosty is too cute!!

Tammy said...

What an AWESOME card, Teri!!! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good Luck!!