Thursday, 31 December 2009

Bark at the Moon. . .

Hi there folks!

Phew, didn't think I'd get to post today, but here I am at last. Been busy with DT stuff, which took up most of my time, then I was finishing up a doodle or two, well, sketches really rather than doodles.

The first one I am showcasing here, and I am entering this card into a few challenges too. The layout for this card today, is using the sketch at A Spoon Full of Sugar, which runs until 6th January. I won't tell you how many ideas I have scrapped for this layout, nothing I did seemed to look right until this one came together.


I followed this weeks theme at Haunted Design House which is 'Moonglow', and the colour scheme is from The Little Paper Shop, and is 'Navy, Light Blue and Silver'.



Now, you may remember a few posts ago I made a Wolf card for a customer of mine. Well, I loved the picture I used so much, that I decided to sketch the majority of it myself, sort of copying I suppose, but I didn't use colour, or any of the original background. Instead of the Northern Lights being in the background, I put little snowflake dots, or they could be stars, as I also sketched a moon (not seen here as I cropped it a bit). I also added some breath from the Wolf's mouth as if it were frosty.


As the image is a greyscale one, it enabled me to match the colour in my page make-up programme (QuarkExpress) to the blues of the card. The backing papers are treated the same way, as the originals were other colours. These are from Tinker & Co. I have rubbed some silver metallic rub-on around the edges of the darker blue cardstock - from the stash - as is the ribbon and star brads.

Right, now I need to go rummage about for some Candy stuff. I am hoping to have that ready by tomorrow - so keep your eyes peeled for that!!

9 comments:

Alex said...

WOW! This is just stunning. I love the image and the colors are perfect for the power of it all!!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the blues on this card and they go so well with the silver. The image is so lifelike.
Do have a good time tonight (and behave of course).
Hugs,
Fiona x

Micki said...

Hiya Friend! Finally...trying to make my rounds and leave some love... I'm sorry I haven't been by...but you know the reason. As always, your projects continue to inspire me. They are awesome! I love the moon card, perfect card for a guy and had to chuckle cuz I'm re-reading New Moon, lol. Hm, this would make a great image to use on a scrap page.....ok wheels are turning in my head.

Please know that I think of you daily even if I am quiet.
May you and yours have a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous 2010. I am blessed that you're in my (cyber) life :-)

hugs

Linda aka Oz said...

Fab card. Love the wolf and moon. Super colors. Makes ya wanna howl! the Oz

Kim said...

Love this blue and the cold breath from the wolf is incredible!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! This is stunning Teri! Your artwork and design are beautiful. I'm in awe.

Pam Varnell said...

This is just gorgeous. Love that image. Thanks for playing along with us at the Little Paper Shop.

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Teri! Colors, image, everything... Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Allison said...

Wow...love the sketch and that image! Thanks for playing with LPS this week!