Monday, 7 December 2009

Special Birthday. . .

Afternoon folks!

I hope I find you all well after the weekend?

I'm late posting today, sorry about that! Been busy shopping - hubby will moan later when he finds out how much I spent!! Yeah, whatever!

So, my card today is (hopefully) going into five challenges.

To start with, I have based the layout around two sketches, as they were both pretty similar. These are from Polka Doodles, who also wanted stamps in the squares, who also wanted stamps in the squares:


and Friday Sketchers.




The colours are Red, Green and Gold which I hope fits into the challenge at Stampin' For The Weekend .

Next are two themes. At C.R.A.F.T. it is 'Christmas Birthday', and at Just Magnolia it is 'Christmas for Someone Special'. Well, a Christmas Birthday is special isn't it?



It is my first time entering a challenge at Just Magnolia, as I haven't had any of their images until now. This one I coloured with my watercolour pencils and layered up with foam pads. I positioned her so it looks like she is sitting on the edge of the circle. These stamps are so cute!

The backing squares are all printed, as is the base card, using a paper from Funky Hand, which I tweaked in Photoshop to get the gold colour. I stamped a wee holly image in these squares with green ink. You might not see it too well in this photo. Sorry about that, but our light up here in Scotland is feeble at this time of the year!! Especially when it is dull and overcast/raining!

I blinged it up a bit with metallic gold dots round the card edges, and also round the sentiment. I also used some gold card for the leaves that the flowers are sitting on. I made these with flower punches and some matching card, with gold bits for the centre.

Right, really MUST get on with all my bits and pieces for Christmas, like pressie wrapping, etc., etc. . .

14 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a beautiful card which obviously has had a lot of work put in to it. The Tilda is absolutely gorgeous. A stunner.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

This is absolutely perfect. Love the shape and the colours and that image is gorgeous.

Hugs Ali x

Julie said...

Beautiful work, I really like all the dimension to your main image.

sugar n spice said...

What a beautiful card, love everything about it, the image is adorable. Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, good luck in the draw.
Suzi xx

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card Teri!!

Magda said...

Beautiful card. Great colours and image.
Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge & good luck.
Magda x

Anesha said...

Wonderful card, love the design and Tilda looks perfect. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Love,

Jo.

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Oh look how pretty!! What a great take on the sketch!! Love this!!

Nancy said...

WOW this is gorgeous, Teri:O) Love the layout, Tilda is just adorable sitting there, the 3D effect is brilliant. Lovely flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Kerry said...

Such a gorgeous take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Kris L said...

Teri you've really hit a home run with this card. I love how you've colored Tilda and combined the 2 challenges. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

Tip Top said...

Wow! The two sketches work well together and great colours! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Hope Jacare said...

Absolutely beautiful Teri - thanks for playing at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x