Saturday, 7 November 2009

Winter's Butterfly

Morning folks!

Guess what? The sun is out again!! I could get used to this. . . !

Thank goodness for that, I managed to take a decent photo - the first for a while. You can actually see the shiny bits shining on the card!



I made this one for four challenges today. First of all, the sketch was provided by My Grafico. They have a DT call on at the mo, so nip over and take a looky at that!

The colour was inspired by the theme at La-La-Land - which is PINK, and at Penny's Challenge it is Winter, with ribbon, glitter and/or bling.

Then at Sophisticat they want to see ribbon and buttons. I hope this will do for that, as I only have one button, and the glittery ribbon bow.

The big snowflake shape is a medallion image that was a freebie from Fred She Said, which I printed twice, and cut out the centre bit. I added some Pebeo Touch metallic dots round it, for extra bling, and the button in the middle came from my Nan's old button stash.

I added loads of snowflakes along the curvy bit in the background, to which I added some extra glitter, and also added glitter to the sentiment. This is a quote I found on the internet. I used a snowy typeface for it. The ribbon is a glittery one from my stash. I finished with some snow writer at the bottom of the card.

17 comments:

Kim said...

This is so very pretty! I adore your sentiment and that snowflake. The colors are so soft and pretty! Thanks for playing at Penny's challenges.
Blessings,
kim xXx

Penny D. said...

Oh Teri! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm not a pink christmas kind of girl but this really is stunning!

chercroppin said...

Oh my Teri, this is absolutely GORGEOUS hun! I'm loving the colors, the sentiment and what a beautiful snowflake with the perfect brad in the middle and that yummy bow up in the right....very nicely done : )

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll join us again next week too!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
In a word - Stunning!! I love the rich colours and what a beautiful sentiment.
Please sent the sun down to us.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Karen said...

Beautiful beautiful card Teri. The colours are gorjus.
Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats and hope to see you again soon.

Love Karen x

Cheryl said...

this is realy beautiful thanks so much for playing along at sophsiticats this week hope to see you again soon love cheryl xxxx

Spyder said...

Lovely card, very pretty
(Lyn)

stitchy said...

Teri, WOW, what can I say, you and that 3-D thing goin' on is just more fantastic everytime I come here...beautiful.. dropped by to let you know also, there is an award on my blog for you.. www.stitchystamps.blogspot.com
hugz
stitchy

mulberry station said...

Beautiful work Teri...as always!

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Wow, Teri... beautiful card!! Love how you split the card with the white/pink combo. The large snowflake is so pretty but I especially like the little ones creating the border. Thank you for joining us this week at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Avril Ann said...

Know what you mean about the Sun Teri, we have a beautiful morning here in Edinburgh....Love this card good luck with the challenges and thanks so much for joining us at Sophisticat this week, your support is greatly appreciated. Hugs Avril xxx

Dragonlady said...

Simply beautiful Teri.

Hugs Ali x

JanJay said...

Beautiful card, really elegant.

Thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week

Jan x

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card, so elegant!!

I'm so happy to see Tinker & Co back!

Saskia :)

Kathy said...

Lovely card!! I adore your snowflakes and they are gorgeous in pink!!
Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at La La Land again!
:)Kathy

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the snowflake you created!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!

Maureen said...

Totally fabulous! Love the metallic dots on the snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!