Sunday, 29 November 2009

Winter Wonderland New Challenge

Morning all.

I hope you are having a lovely weekend so far. It was great to see all your designs without Xmas papers and stamps last week, such a variety!

We have another new theme this week at Winter Wonderland, which is to decorate a candle or make a candle holder, or both if you like!

Well, I have never decorated a candle before, so I chickened out of that bit and opted to do the holder part. I found a lovely 'storm lantern' I think they call them, at Tesco for a couple of quid, so I bought that to use for this project.



It came as a set with the candle and some sand. All I did was pop the candle in the lantern with the same and some glitter mixed in, and then stick some silver snowflakes here and there. I found a lovely decoration in my local chemist and used that too. I think it was meant to go on your gifts - whatever. . . ! I also added some twirly florists ribbon to it for some extra pizazz.



It was a devil to take a photo of though, all that glass and fingermarks!!

So, head on over to Winter Wonderland and take a look at our DT offerings for some added inspiration, and get those candles out guys!!

9 comments:

joey said...

Hiya Teri

I love your creation! it screams christmas! love the little gift wrap attachment to it too, seems a waste to use that on a pressie lol.

Joey.x

Teri said...

Teri .... it's so pretty! I'm going to have to go back to Tesco now and find the jars! You've decorated it beauitfully!

Teri xxx

Avril Ann said...

Teri you just blow me away, with the way your mind works, how beautiful is this, I totally love it. Hugs Avril xxxxx

Pascale said...

This is so elegant Teri I love the simplicity of it. Hugs Pascale

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is brilliant. It is gorgeously decorated. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kim said...

Love this altered candle votive! You did a fantastic job!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Lora said...

This is so pretty! I have a Tesco just down the road from me, guess where I'm going? lol.
Thanks for joining in with the Cute Daisy May blog hop and good luck!
Hugs Lora x

Valoudesbois said...

Just romantic !!!!!!!!

Dragonlady said...

Brilliant Teri, so you can get something decent at Tesco! You have made it 100 times better.

Hugs Ali x