Sunday, 1 November 2009

Winter Wonderland - Jingle Bells

Hi All

Happy Saints Day! Hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween. . . BOY did my kids come home with HUGE swag bags or what!!?! They're gonna be feeling rather sick later!

Right, well it's Sunday, so time for another theme to help you on your way with your Christmas card stash at Winter Wonderland.

First let me say WOWEE!! We had soooo many entries to our Open theme last week. We really enjoyed visiting every one of you. We had such a hard job choosing a winner, you can find out who it was by visiting the Winter Wonderland Blog, and also find out what goodies are up for grabs this time, donated by our very own Joey.



It would be fantastic if we got that many entries every week. Hopefully we can inspire you all to have a go with our theme of 'Jingle Bells' this time.

Well, Jingle Bells conjures up images of Santa and his sleigh to me, and as I made a Sleigh a couple of weeks ago, I thought I had better do something different. So I doodled a Rudolf image to use, and wanted to put jingly sleigh bells round his neck for a collar. Rudolf is available now at my shop, Delicious Doodles.

Hope the DT don't mind, but I am using this card also at Dare You 2 Digi Stamp, as their challenge this fortnight was to NOT have any squares and make a shaped card. For this I decided to use Rudolf's image as the card itself, and had the fold running at the hoof, and his cheek, to give the card more stability.



I coloured him with my trusty watercolour pencils. Then I threaded some metallic gold thread with a few little coloured bells (yes they do actually jingle!), and added a lovely bow that has a bell on it too. Last job was to splodge some glistening snow on for some glittery effect.

So, now we want to see all your Jingle Bells cards and projects. Head over to Winter Wonderland and take a looky at the fabby creations from the DT. Have a go, why not? It all helps with the pile of cards needed for Christmas!

21 comments:

Teri said...

Aww Teri ... he's the cutest! I love how you've coloured him too :o)

Teri xx

Anne said...

The way you colour your images is just fabulous Teri - you really bring them to life! This little fella is absolutely divine - I LOVE what you've done with him! Gorgeous card!!! Hugs xx

Caroline said...

what a cutie
Thanks for joining us this week @ DU2DS Caroline x

Pascale said...

He is gorgeous Teri I love his little collar so cute! Hugs Pascale

Kim said...

OMG, this is incredible! I so adore this Rudolph! Girl you are so talented and such an inspiration to me! I'm so very Blessed to know you and call you friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

joey said...

Teri this is tooooo cute! I adore your little reindeer. Joey.x

Lisa Foster said...

I Love this Teri! He's just too darling! Incredible the way you made him the shape of the card! So creative! Fantastic coloring too!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lynda said...

He's the cutest - love this card Teri.

Love Lynda xxx

stitchy said...

Teri, I love to come in here and see what you are going to POP out at us next lmao...he is just adorable, glad I stopped by...
hugz
stitchy

Larissa said...

Oh what a sweetie! Very cute image and lovely shape for a card! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

PaperCrafty said...

He is too cute!! Love it!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Ooooh Teri,
This wee chap is absolutely gorgeous. So cute and so well done. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Jennifer Scull said...

WOW!!! that is just amazing! love the entire shape of this cutie! :) makes me smile! :)

Saskia said...

Oooh.... so cute and beautiful!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Avril Ann said...

Teri he is beautiful, I love him, still have not been able to use my Stocking Cat, as hubby keeps cutting his head off in the printing, I am sure his page settings are wrong, but as he is at work and not very PC literate, I will just have to wait until I get my printer, guess who is having a birthday soon.....YIPEE, Hugs Avril xxx

LINDA said...

OH This is just to cute..Such a darling little image..Your coloring is just Fab..And I love the little bells.. Great job..
Hugs, Linda

Dragonlady said...

Hi teri,

Cute reindeer and love the idea of the shaped card.

Hugs Ali x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Back again. If you pop over to my blog there is something I want you to have.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kelly Landers said...

Very cute card! I love that you made the card shape from the image! Your jingle bells look great too!!

Sandra said...

What a cute Rudolf! Thanks for joining in with the 'no squares allowed' challenge on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
Sandra x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Oh wow - how cute is he?!! Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this week.