Tuesday, 10 November 2009

What? No patterns??

Hiya folks.

Another wet and dreary day here. Hope it is bright and cheerful where you are.

It's Tuesday again, so time for another theme at Tuesday Taggers, which this week is 'No Patterned Papers'.

I know that may be hard for some of you, but it'll get you thinking outside the box! You aren't limited though, there are loads of ways to make backings, like embossing, inks, stamping etc., etc. So get your thinking caps on and go for it girls!!



Now, I wanted to use my little Angel digital image for this card, so decided to keep it really simple, and not have any backing papers at all. I coloured her with the watercolour pencils, and layered her up with foam pads as usual. As I did it all in golden yellow shades, I decided to continue the gold colour scheme to the card itself. If you want to purchase this little Angel image, it is available in my shop, Delicious Doodles.

The base cardstock is a lovely pearlescent ivory one, with a tiny bit of a hammered texture, which I put on the inside, as I didn't want it too lumpy on the front. It was smoother on one side than the other. To this I daubed some gold ink round the edges.

Then I punched out loads of flower and leaf shapes in a similar ivory and some shiny gold to match the card I used for layering the image. Next thing was the twirly ribbon bit, made from some gift wrap ribbon and made twirly with the back of the scissors, like we used to do at school - remember??



Last job was the gold stickles round the edges of the Angel's wings, and halo. Done!

No you get to have a go! Head over to Tuesday Taggers and see what else you could be making without patterned papers! Great inspiration from the DT again ladies! Come on girls, show us what you can do. . . !

6 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Teri you know that I love this card, and the image, Hugs Avril xxx

Michelle said...

A wonderful image and so beautifully put together Teri. You finish off your cards so well!
x Michelle

PaperCrafty said...

Lovely card Teri!! I love the gold & white!! Very Elegant!!

Kim said...

Such an elegant card. Your little angel is so very lovely! Of course I simply adore your flowers and the little touches of gold. Yummy ribbons too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Such an elegant card, I love it.

Hugs

Sarah

Dragonlady said...

This is so gorgeous Teri. I love the ribbon and colours - perfect.

Hugs Ali x