Sunday, 22 November 2009

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. . .

Morning folks!

Hope your weekend is going well? I've managed to get half my hallway done yesterday, paper stripped (finally) and holes filled, and repapered with a much nicer pattern. Was the previous paper yuck or what!! A really massive basketweave pattern in enormous repeating squares! Eeeuuuww!! Taking it off was like removing plaster, it was sooooo thick and lumpy!! My fingers hurt today - thanks wall!!

Right, to business. It's Sunday, so time for another theme at Winter Wonderland. We loved visiting all your St. Nick's last week, so fab work out there! This week we are daring you NOT to use anything Christmassy!! No christmas papers, images or ready-made embellishments. Now, don't all run for the hills!! You can make your own embellishments you know!



I used some gold card as my base, and ran some pearlescent ivory through the cuttlebug, then sprinkled glitter over it. The star I made using some gold card with a cracked ice pattern on it. I left some tabs on the edges and cut strips to stick to them and the base card to make it stick out.


I printed the words off the computer and dotted some gold Pebeo Touch dimension paint round the edges.

Your turn now then! Let's see what you guys can come up with!! Head over to Winter Wonderland and take a look at what my DT sister's have come up with - some great work there!

10 comments:

Lynda said...

I am always amazed with your creations Teri - that star is just so perfect! A fabulous card.

Love Lynda xxx

Teri said...

Gorgeous! Love the background. It's a fab card! xxx

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is so effective I love the bold star so original. Hugs Pascale

Kim said...

OMG, love this...that star is gorgeous and the embossing is brilliant, so loving the gold. Just gorgeous!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Oooh this looks so simple but it is stunning. I'll bet there was a good lot of work in it. Stunning.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is STUNNING Teri!! LOVE what you've done here ... very festive and gorgeous!!

LINDA said...

Simply gorgeous!! Love it!! Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

joey said...

Hiya Teri this is amazing so effective and so well made! Joey.xxx

Maria Matter said...

this is gorgeous Teri!!!

Blessings, Maria

Avril Ann said...

This is ab, fab, Teri, can you use decoupage, I feel like I have neglected mine since finding rubber stamps, LOL.....Hugs Avril xxxx