Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Tuesday Taggers - Light

Hi folks,

Yet another wet and windswept day here in North East Scotland, but I am sparing some thoughts for those poor sods down in Cumbria who are flooded out like our village was a couple of months ago, and the family of the Policeman killed when the bridge was swept away. We pray you guys get some assistance from 'those that be'. . .

Apologies for the lateness of this post, I have been doing some Xmas shopping and got held up a bit! I was lucky not to get a ticket at the Car Park, as it had run out by ten minutes by the time I got back!! Next time I'll wear my watch!

Another Tuesday means a new theme at Tuesday Taggers. BOY - you filled up Mr Linky last week with all your red, green and gold entries!! This week we are celebrating all the different Light Festivals from all over the world, whatever your religion!



I made a card and bookmark set, with an image of a Candle wrapped in Ivy. This is one of my own digital images, available for purchase in my shop, Delicious Doodles. I have used it before, for a Candle of Hope, but it will do for many occasions, so it's a Candle of Peace this time.



I coloured it with my watercolour pencils and layered it up with foam pads. The whole thing is placed onto some shiny gold card on top of some backing paper from Funky Hand that I adapted to suit the colour theme. The card is printed with some quite faint pattern - you may just be able to make it out. This is from a set by Tinker & Co, named Serenity. The bow is a recycled one that I have used a couple of times for different cards.



The bookmark uses the same images and papers, but isn't layered as it was laminated. I made my own tassle with thread from the local haberdashery.

Right then, head over to Tuesday Taggers for some more fabulous creations from my sister's on the DT. Great work girls!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Totally and utterly beautiful Teri. Love this and the other two cards, a brilliant idea to make a box type star and I just love the hydrangea sketch you've done. Might have to have this one. I do so love your sketch type images and what you do with them is amazing
x Michelle

Kim said...

Such an elegant card and bookmark. This image is grgeous, Teri and your coloring on it is incredible! I love the warm glow of it. your gold ribbon and tassel is gorge too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Clarky J said...

As usual Teri your DT entry is stunning - the image is perfect and your colouring and layering so beautiful x Thanks for being part of Tuesday Taggers x Janet

Dragonlady said...

This is perfect for the light theme. Love the ivy twined round the candles.

Hugs Ali x

Avril Ann said...

Love this Teri and the bookmark along with the card is just perfect. Hugs Avril xxxx

Kelly Landers said...

Teri your candle image is amazing!! I love it! Cute bookmark too!

melody said...

wow ~ what a beautiful card and bookmark chickie! lovin that candle and the 3D ~ beautifully done!