Saturday, 28 November 2009

Toffee Bear Topper

Hi folks.

Another wet and dreary day here in not so Bonny Scotland! LOL

Today I have a little Topper for you. It is a very simple affair, as I don't like to be too fussy with my Toppers. This is for the Sophisticat Challenge.



I have followed the theme at Pink Elephant which this week is to use Plaid and Brads, but NO ribbon! Difficult I know, as I like ribbon on my Toppers. It just adds that little flourish, but hey, not allowed for this one!

I have used a red Tartan for the 'Plaid' part, and three white snowflake brads. All from the stash. The cute Bears are from a Tinker & Co set named Mr & Mrs Santa. Not sure if it is still available, as I got it last year. I have printed these out and layered with foam pads. No colouring necessary, as all their kits come ready coloured - how cool is that!

I have dotted some dimension paint round the edges, and put some glittery paint on the white bits on the coats. So there you have it - simple!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Honeybun, I am loving the bears! Your coloring is so amazing! The plaid dps you chose add such a warm and cozy feeling to this splendid card! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Avril Ann said...

This is the cutest Topper Teri, love it, you are so talented, I love the tartan touch. Thanks for joining the Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

JanJay said...

Oh this is so cute Teri, and love the tartan paper

Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats this week

Jan x

tina said...

Teri,

I had some trouble with the NO ribbon bit, too. :P You did a lovely job in this sweet Christmas card.

Tina
TPE

Beth Norman said...

Your highlighting on your diecuts is very nice. Noticed it first on the penguins feet.

blackdragon said...

Perfect as always my friend.
Hope the weather has improved for you... been wet here and we had HAIL! Thanks for joining us at sophisticats this week
love green dragon x

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Teri!! I love the little bears!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!