Monday, 16 November 2009

A Thanksgiving Card

Hi again.
Second post today, so scroll down for the first one.

Monday means time for another theme at Digital Ink Co. Challenge, and we have a sketchy for you!!


It was my turn to use an image by April at Reece Designs from the Digital Ink Co Shop. I chose to use this Pilgrim Pair for mine, with a sentiment too. Makes a change for me to do Thanksgiving, as we don't have that here in the UK, so that's what I did with this card.



The image is coloured with watercolour pencils. I didn't layer this one, as it was a bit fiddly for snipping!! I did raise the whole image panel though, and the sentiment too. Used papers from a freebie set I had and ribbon from the stash. The whole thing is on some dark orange cardstock from the local craft shop.

Your turn now then! Head over to the Digital Ink Co. Challenge Blog and see what my DT sisters have created with the sketch. I do hope you will have a go, the more the merrier!!

9 comments:

LINDA said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love the papers you used.. Fab coloring on this darling little image.. Very lovely..
Hugs, Linda

PaperCrafty said...

Wonderful card Teri!! Love the darling image!!

Judy said...

Hi Teri,

I love what you did with this stamp. I'm a simple minded gal, so I love to see things done in a simple way but still really look beautiful as you did with this card. You've really done a superb job staying focussed on the stamp.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

PERFECT!!! Your papers/embellishments really bring focus to the holiday and this lovely couple! Awesome job my friend!!!

Rose said...

Beautiful card Teri! The image is really pretty and you finished it so nicely!

TannyP said...

Awesome Thanksgiving card, Teri! The popped up image is so great - you really got this challenge down pat =) Those papers worked perfect!

Raquel said...

Great Thanksgiving card!! I love this lil image, you did a great job coloring them!!!

Hugs,
Raquel

Lisa Foster said...

This is fantastic Teri! I LOVE it! Very cool background too!
Hugs,
Lisa

stitchy said...

Teri, what an awesome job for someone that don't even celebrate that holiday...love the subtle background and of course the way the couple Pops out at ya lol
beautiful
hugz
stitchy