Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Sweet Sketch #22

Hi all.

Guess what? THE SUN IS OUT!!!! Yeay! Haven't seen it for sooooo long! Wish I could get on the garden, but it is sooo wet out there, and cold too.

Will have to content myself with some more crafting instead, oh deary me, what a bummer (NOT).

So, here is Wednesday, time for another of Arlana's lovely sketches:


Guess what again? It's my turn to sponsor this week, so all those that enter get a chance to win THREE of my digi-images from my blog shop Delicious Doodles!! The winner gets to choose whichever they want!

I let the Sweet Sketch Wednesday ladies loose with a few of my images for this week - BOY what lovely creations they came up with - fabulous!!

I used my Candi the Fairy seated for this sketch. Coloured as usual with watercolour pencils, and some metallic pink ink on the wings, though you can't see that shimmery effect too well. The light has been so poor here lately that photos are becoming very hard work!!



I found some lovely backing papers in my local craft shop the other week, and just had to buy them! They fitted perfectly with my colour scheme for this card. They have a pearlescent shimmer too, along with the cardstock which is ivory in colour. I added some brown leather effect card for the borders and rubbed some of that pink ink over it too. I found a little heart shaped gem that was just the right colour (convenient or what!) and popped it on the sentiment, just for a bit of bling, along with a gem in the same shade for the little punched flower.

Love to see what you guys come up with each week, so come on folks! Play along and see if you are this week's winner - don't forget - you could win some of my digi-images!! Head across to Sweet Sketch Wednesday to see what fabby creations the lovely DT ladies made with some of them. Go on - you know you want to. . . !

13 comments:

Saskia said...

Great card!!

Saskia :)

Kim said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the purples and the black. Your fairy is just so very dainty and delicate! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

mulberry station said...

Teri, I love the color choices you have made for this card. The black and lavendar are just wonderful together. Such a sweet image too! Beautiful!

Lynda said...

Oooh Teri this is gorgeous and your fairy image is beautiful. I can't blame you for having to have those backing papers either that spotty one is one of my all time favourites I use it on loads of stuff.

Love Lynda xxx

Rose said...

Sweet card Teri! I love all the detail you added! Thanks for sponsoring us this week, I really enjoyed Frosty!

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Teri!! I love how it looks like Candi is floating!! Thanks again for sponsoring us this week and for letting us play with your adorable images!!

Jeannie said...

Luv your card and your images Teri. I'm so sorry I did not realize that you were the sponsor this week! I feel so stupid!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Jeannie said...

P.S. I can make a card to post tomorrow and promote your images at that time on my blog if that's ok with you. Let me know what images I can choose from. I'm so sorry...

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Katie Skiff said...

Love this card, I love the layers!! Great work!

Lisa Foster said...

How Darling! Beautiful colors!
Hugs,
Lisa

Arlana said...

Your images are so fun Teri. thanks for letting us use them. your card turened out adorable. Thanks for all the help you give the dt!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Your fairy card is darling. I love the black and purples and the jewel adds a nice touch. Thanks for sharing your images this week and sponsoring our site.

Kelly Landers said...

Awesome job on the sketch as always Teri!! Your fairy is so sweet. Thanks so much for sponsoring us this week! I had a lot of fun working with Rudolph!