Monday, 16 November 2009

St. Andrew's Day Card

Hi folks.

Hope you all have a good weekend with loads of crafting!! I spent mine stripping 30 year old papers off the walls in the hallway - ugh! Now I am all sore and achy. Still, now have to put new paper up and paint it - it's that textured stuff, but with a lovely damasky pattern. Not sure what colour to do yet - any suggestions??



Right, to business. This card is only going into one challenge, and that is at Polka Doodles. I missed the one last week to make an ornament, too blooming busy!! So I made an effort this time. I wanted to use the new Thistle image I have in my shop, Delicious Doodles, as it will soon be St. Andrew's Day here in Scotland. This sketch just fit the bill.

I coloured my image in photoshop and layered with foam pads. There are two little Celtic knot images that I used as buttons, and these are raised too. Will have to load these into the shop too - note to self!! The background is a blue square with white lines on to emulate the Saltire.

That's it for now, but I'll be back later with a couple of other posts. See you then!

9 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Beautiful, if only I had known you a couple of years ago.....I wanted to do my downstairs bathroom, as Scottish and looked everywhere for a Thistle Stencil, but could not get one....this would have been perfect.

I don't know how big your hall is and if you have much light, but I like Peachy colours in the hall, as it gives a nice warm feeling when you come from outside.....Hugs Avril xxxx

Dolly said...

this is fab Teri, so clever. :)x

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Teri, what a wonderful card, I would say its a winner, Havent got round to my entry as yet as time is flying by this week, as for your hall way, mine needs doing to if your up for it lol ju x

Kerry said...

I really like this Teri, what a great idea. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Saskia said...

Teri, Wow... this card is gorgeous!!! Lovely, lovely work!! Thanks for taking part at Polka Doodles!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

MrsK said...

What a fab and crisp card, its gorgeous Sal xx

Kris L said...

Love the image Teri. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

Tip Top said...

Wow! I do like this!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Hope Jacare said...

Brill man's card - especially a Scotsman - thanks for playing at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x