Friday, 6 November 2009

A Sleeping Baby

Hi folks!

Just the one challenge for this card to go in today, and that is at A Spoonful Of Sugar, where they had a sketch to follow.

My papers are from Tinker & Co, and Funky Hand (text background). The image is one of my own, of the Baby Jesus asleep in the hay. He is available for purchase at my shop, Delicious Doodles. That reminds me, I have some more new doodles to add later. . .



I coloured Him in with my trusty watercolour pencils, and layered up with foam pads (1mm thick for those who have been asking). I have added some extra bits to the sketch, but you can still see it. I put some holly and a Poinsettia die cut flower in the corner, with some gold stickles to highlight, and some glittery gold ribbon at the top. It just helped to equal out the card a bit.

Glad I kept the colour palette limited too, if there were more I think it would have been too busy. What do you think. . . ?

3 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

This is so beautiful, I love the backing papers and the colours are perfect.

Hugs Ali x

TannyP said...

Beautiful as usual Teri! You're so talented with your doodles =) I also adore the holly & poinsettia!

joey said...

Teri this is gorgeous!!! x