Friday, 20 November 2009

Oh Christmas Tree. . .

Morning folks!

This little card is a quickie for a couple of challenges today.

The first is at Pixie Cottage, where they have a sketch to follow:


Next at Penny's Challenge they have a colour theme:


Now I don't own any markers, apart from the felt pens the kids use, so I opted to try matching these colours in another way. I used some matt gold cardstock as the base - hopefully this is close enough to the brown bag colour.



I printed some patterned paper in a blue that I matched using Pantone colours on my computer, then I used a goldy-yellow organza ribbon, and printed a goldy-yellow coloured frame for my Christmas Tree image to sit in.


This image is one of my own designs, and is available for purchase in my blog shop Delicious Doodles. I coloured the leafy bits of it with my watercolour pencils, and spotted some gold stickles on the snowflake shapes for a bit of bling. Darn, can't see that bit very well. Such rubbish light to work with at the moment!!

14 comments:

CreaRenata said...

I think it looks beautiful, lovely image! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

Penny D. said...

This is a beautiful card!

chercroppin said...

This is really beautiful! Great layout and take on this week's Color Challenge at Penny's...thanks so much for playing along with us this week, we hope to see more of your creations in the future : )

Lovely image and what yummy ribbon!

Lisa Foster said...

How pretty! I love this elegant design Teri!
Hugs,
Lisa

Kim said...

I'm so excited to see this wonderful celtic tree of yours used here! you really made an elegant card with that color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Penny's challenges again this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Teri!! I love the image and the beautiful DP! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good luck!!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Your image sits so well in this beautiful card. The whole effect is classy. I love the colours and the papers. A great creation.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

This is a beautiful card Teri, you have done the colours perfectly.

Hugs Ali x

cabio's craft corner said...

Clean and beautiful. Love the cheerful colors!
Hugs,
Cabio

Spyder said...

Lovely card the background paper shapes and the 'tree' shape go so well together
(Lyn)

Alison (Groovycrafter) said...

What a gorgeous card and i love the Christmas tree image.
Thanks for joining us at PC'S this week.
Hugs Alison.xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is awesome Teri! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Challenges. Love that image!

Anne said...

A beautiful card in great colors!!
Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

CreaRenata said...

Congratulations on winning at The Pixie Cottage!