Wednesday, 11 November 2009

My First Easel Card

Hi folks.

This card was made for my second week as Guest Designer at Crafty Creations. Their theme this time is 'Snow'.

I have combined it with a few other challenges too, so I hope you don't mind guys!?!



For the front of the card I followed a sketch from Friday Sketchers. I didn't have a huge snowflake, so I used one of my digi-images, the Celtic Snowflake, available at Delicious Doodles. I cut it out and put copious amounts of glitter on it!! The little snowball image is from the sponsor this week at Crafty Creations.



At the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge they wanted an easel card. This is my first attempt at one of these, I think I did OK. I used papers from Tinker & Co for the backings.



Last challenge is at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday where they wanted to see a 'Special Fold'. Now I know this isn't incredibly special or intricate, but this easel card is a first for me, so that makes it special in my book.


The snowflakes on the bottom of the card are made with Shapeabilities dies and silver card, with glittery blue on the top.

Apologies for the naff photos, but light quality is an issue here just lately!!

15 comments:

Saskia said...

Teri,

This card is sooooo beautiful and sweet!!! Lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at Crafty Creations!!

Saskia :)

Jane Carroll said...

gorgeous - love it

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Lynda said...

Wow Teri I just love this card. I keep meaning to have a go at an easel card as they look so lovely. I must make a note for myself lol. I love the little snowballs and the large snowflake is beautiful.

Love Lynda xxx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Teri
x Michelle

Rose said...

Love your easel card Teri! I am going to try one soon!

Dragonlady said...

This is a fab first easel card. I love the image you have used plus the stopper is a great idea.

Hugs Ali x

Toucan Scraps said...

You did great with that card, was my first go with one of those this week too.
Thank you for visiting my blog.

PaperCrafty said...

Love your easel card!! I really need to try one of these!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is SUPER FANTASTIC!! I haven't tried one of these easel cards yet but you certainly have inspired me!! Love the blue/snowflake theme ... wonderful creation!

Jeannie said...

Really fun - the colors are great and the little snowball guys are adorable!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Diane Davies said...

OH that is too cute! : )

Kim said...

Such a fabby card! Love all the frosty snowflakes and snowballs! Aren't those so cute! I've been seeing these but I think they are waaaay to complicated for me to try! Love yours though!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jenn said...

Great card! Love the image!

acreativeneed said...

Hi Teri! Your card is so sweet and so pretty too!! Well done on the easel style. It's wonderful to have you as our guest designer at Crafty Creations this month!!
smiles,Deena

Angie Cortes said...

Beautiful Card! I love the colors!! Thanks for playing along at SSDS :)