Thursday, 5 November 2009

Just For You

Hiya folks,

Hope things are well and good with everyone. . . ?

This card is going into three challenges today.

First of all is the sketch I followed, which is from the lovely ladies at Friday Sketchers. I swivelled it round a bit though, to fit what I wanted to do.

Next up, the colour combo, which is from Pink Elephant. This is a new challenge for me to enter. Been seeing people posting about them, but not checked them out until now, so here I am with my first entry there. The colours they wanted are: Brown, Yellow, Neutral and one other. I chose black.


Last, but not least, is Digital Tuesday, where they want 'flowers'. I only have one here, but it is the focal point of the card. It is my own digital image - available for purchase at my shop, Delicious Doodles. Some of you may recognise the rose from a couple of posts ago, where it was pink. I made it to be black and white for this card, to fit my own theme of Sympathy.

Sorry it's such a morbid theme, but it needs doing sometimes. I do get asked now and again for a Sympathy card, so it'll be ready when I need one next.



To fit the sketch I made a little tag to slip behind the main image, which says 'With Sympathy'. To which I added some black and gold ribbon and a matching bow. The only bling I put on is a wee gem on one of the rose petals. Papers by Tinker & Co.

The Rose was printed three times and decoupaged with foam pads after curling the leaves about a bit, for some extra dimension.


Apologies all for the poor picture quality. The light here is so poor lately, I have a job to see if it is in focus or not!!

9 comments:

Kim said...

I think this card is perfect for the occasion. I simply adore your rose! Your inking and base papers are perfect!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lynda said...

This is such an elegant card Teri - your rose is beautiful.

Love Lynda xxx

PaperCrafty said...

Wonderful card Teri!! I always struggle with these and I love your design!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Oooh Teri,
What a beautiful sophisticated card. That rose is gorgeous. I love this one - it's stunning.
HUgs,
Fiona x

Aud said...

A beauty of a card! Love that rose!♥

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs,
Aud

Ann said...

I too love this - it's classy and beautiful and totally right for a sympathy card.

Ann xxx
TPE

tina said...

Quietly classy, lovely & comforting.

Maria Matter said...

wow, Teri, beautiful!!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Digital Tuesday!!!
Blessings, Maria

Lora said...

What a beautiful image!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Lora x