Monday, 23 November 2009

Hydrangea Card

Hi all,

At last I get to the computer! Been food shopping this morning - HATE IT! Still, managed to get one Xmas pressie out of the way. . .



This card is going into the Papertake Weekly challenge today. There was an interesting sketch that I wanted to use, so busied myself sketching something to put on it. I came up with this Hydrangea. I based it loosely on a picture I had seen somewhere on the net, and printed off ages ago with the intention of drawing it, and have only just got round to it!!



I have coloured it with my watercolour pencils and layered up with foam pads. I placed the whole thing on a glittery purple card and trimmed the edges with some decorative scissors. In the corners I put some silver peel-offs. Can't remember where I got the backing from though. It's a digital image I have been keeping just to use with this flower, when I got round to drawing it that is!!


I'll be loading this sketch on to my blog shop Delicious Doodles, just as soon as I finish the other project I'm working on. . . !

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Teri - this is beautiful!! love all the dimension :)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is beautiful and all the more to be admired because you drew the hydrangea yourself. This is a fantastic take on the sketch. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That is gorgeous! It looks prettier AND more professional than anything you'd ever see in Hallmark store!

Avril Ann said...

Love this Teri, you are so talented, and we are so lucky to be able to grab your images and work with them. Hugs Avril xxx

melody said...

simply...STUNNING!