Friday, 13 November 2009

Happy Holidays!

Hi all,

Phew, been a manic few days here! Just about caught up now though, and had some time to finish this card. It is for a few challenges, so without further bla bla, here goes:

First up, the sketch, from Midnight Madness. I turned this one on its side this week to make a landscape card.

The theme at A Spoon Full of Sugar is to 'Make a Scene'. I have used one of my digital images, a little Cottage in the Snow, which I have decoupaged with foam pads to create the illusion of depth. This image is available in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles.



The greeting is to comply with the theme at Digital Tuesday Challenge, which is 'Holiday Wishes'.

I don't know if you can see it very well, but I have put fake stitching round the edges of the card, and on the triangle bits, and the ribbon bit down the centre. This is for My Grafico, who want to see 'stitching'. Sorry, but I don't sew, but I hope fake digi-stitches will do. . . ?

I hope this card will do for the Papertake Weekly Challenge too, as they want a 'Digi plus bling'. As I said, the scene is the digi, as are the papers and stitching. For the bling bit I have added some silver (sorry folks!) peel-offs in the frame corners, and used silver mirri card and blue glitter card for the big snowflake, and also added a twirly metallic ribbon, plus glitter on the main pic too. Hope that is acceptable . . . ?

Right, off now to do some swearing - oops, I mean cleaning (ugh!)

17 comments:

Heather said...

Cool card, I love the house image. It makes me feel so Christmassy! Heather

Kim said...

Teri this is such a gorgeous card! I love the scene! your snowflake and the silver cruling ribbon is grand! This layout is smashing!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Teri, what a pretty winter card. The scenery is fabulous! And that ribbon curl with the snowflake is very original. Thanks so much for using our sketch to play this week :) Hope to see more from you! xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

This is stunning, the scene is so cute. Love the faux stitching too - it's the only type I do too but I do have a mini sewing machiine somewhere - may drag it out one day.

Hugs Ali x

Carol said...

Teri, what a delightful presentation. That snowflake is scrumptious. Lovely coloring and great dp....and your faux stitching looks real...WOW Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. We appreciate your support and love to see your creations.

Carol
MM-Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Teri!! I love your scene and the soft blues!! Such a gorgeous winter card!! The snowflake is the perfect embellishment!! Great take on the MMSC sketch!!

~Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - how gorgeous is this card! I love the scene you have made and the gorgeous embellishments - you make the North Pole look like a 'must see' holiday destination - and I am not a lover of the cold! I love this Teri - great take on the sketch!! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I look forward to seeing what you will next week!!
Linda MMSC Design Team

LINDA said...

Beautiful card..Love the scene, the faux stitching is a great touch..
Hugs, Linda

Phyllis said...

Awesome card, I love the scene, really love your colors and that side ornament is awesome. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Ellie said...

That is a beautiful card. I love your sketch, colors you used are gorgeous.
Thanks so much for joining us at digital tuesday.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wonderful scene! Love your entry! Thanks for visiting DTC this week!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Teri, this card is so lovely! It makes me eager to build a fire in the fireplace and drink a nice hot tea! Thanks for sharing with us this week. :)
Michelle MMDT

Sandee said...

This is wonderful!!! I really love that little swirly ribbon too!!!

Saskia said...

Teri,

So lovely to see you at Papertake Weekly, Thanks!!

Saskia :)

Jill said...

beautiful card Teri I love the snowflake thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

lotsa scrap said...

Simply adorable.

steph said...

Yes, that's fab Teri! Thanks for joining us for the Papertake Weekly Challenge x