Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Handbags Galore!

Hi all !

It's Tuesday, and time for a new theme at Tuesday Taggers. We loved looking round your entries for last weeks theme, great work everyone!!

This time our theme is 'Handbags and Gladrags', and as usual is completely open to interpretation, so you can do Cards, ATC's, Layouts, whatever!!



I had some lovely bag templates and wanted to use those, so I made a couple of bag shaped boxes.


The first one was made with some pearlescent ivory card, which I cut and stuck following the template. Then I inked round the edges with a metallic pink ink.



I used some beads stuck to a self adhesive ribbon that I picked up at my local B&Q, and punched some flower shapes out, inked the edges and popped that on as the main focal point. Then I cut some fuzzy tan coloured paper for the handle and stuck it to the ivory one I had already made up and attached it to the main box.

The second one I made with some gorgeous Zebra paper that I printed onto white card. I used a different template for this one, such a lovely shape.



I wanted to keep this one fairly simple following the black and white theme, but added a touch of bling with some gold punched circles and gold brads for the handle, which is made from some fake flock paper. I recycled a huge bow that I have used on a couple of other projects, and made a little bead embellishment to dangle from the handle.

Job done!

Hope you don't mind ladies, but this project also qualifies for the challenge at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday, which is 'No Card', so I am entering it for that too.

Now it's your turn, lets see all your lovely works of art! Head over to Tuesday Taggers and take a look at the lovely DT creations, and have a go!!

18 comments:

Teri said...

Ohhhhhhh Terrrrri! I'm stunned! These are unbelievably GORGEOUS! xxxx

Kim said...

These bags are stunning Terri! When I first looked at them, I really thought they were handbags! Wow, your talent is awesome and you are so inspirational!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

PaperCrafty said...

WOW!! These are amazing Teri!!

Micki said...

Wow woman, I absolutely love the Zebra bag!!!! That is awesome! Thanks for joining us at SSDS.


PS: yes, my card is a bit risque but art is art, lo. Figure it would be a hit with my male friends, (giggle)

Lisa said...

Amazing job, I love them thanks for joining us at SSDS

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
These handbags are gorgeous. You are so talented. I love them. Hope you have got rid of the bad weather and are safe and dry.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Jenn said...

OMG! These are so not made of paper. I would carry these in a heart beat! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Kelly Landers said...

These are wonderfully amazing Teri!! Great templates and such fabulous detail on each of them!!

Clarky J said...

brilliant work as always Teri x janet

CraftyC said...

Wow Teri, great job. Love those bags, especially the first one! Would look great on my arm!!!!
Clairex

Dragonlady said...

Wow fantastic Teri - soooo girly!!

Hugs Ali x

LINDA said...

OMGosh!! These are absolutely Fantastic.. Just STUNNING!!!I thought the were real at first.. Very lovely job!!
Hugs, Linda

Arlana said...

Teri love your fablous bags . Such fun detail!!!

Avril Ann said...

Hi Teri I am back, I wanted to do the St.Andrews Cross, but thought better off it....LOL. I am needing a wee help with prining my Stocking image, it coming in A4, tried reducing what am I doing wrong..help I so want to use it..Hugs Avril xxx

Toucan Scraps said...

those boxes are fantastic, I thought thwy were real handbags when I saw them on the challenge blog. Brillant!

Michelle said...

Terri these are awesome!! absolutely wonderful crafting, wow wow and more wow!!

Love the cards you've posted after these too, particularly the acorn one and well done for making the guest designer.
x Michelle

Bonibleaux Designs said...

OMY I LOVE THESE!! I am just starting to play with purses. Do you have templates that you used? I am mainly working free hand and coming up with my own template when I see one I like LOL, unfortuantely they are not always coming out so pretty!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Stunning! Great job on the challenge!