Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Guest DT at Crafty Creations!!

Hi again folks.

Second post today so scroll down for the first one!

Well, I was well chuffed the other day when from out of the blue I got an email from Jaime at Crafty Creations inviting ME to be the Guest Designer on the Crafty Creations Challenge Blog for the month of November!! Of course I thought about it for SUCH a long time (NOT), and accepted.

So, here is my first creation for them. The theme this week is to include a pull-out item, so I opted to have a little tag to pull out. There is a sponsor this week too, so I got to play with some images from them, some sweet little Acorn characters, one of which was named 'Thanks Bud'. With that in mind, I decided to make a Thank You card.



Now it is a smaller one than I usually do, to accomodate the little tag, and I wanted some Autumnal colours to go with the little Acorn images, so set about mooching through my digital stash and found some that I got from a few places that I can't remember, but I think they were freebies.



I made the card into a three fold affair, so I could use one of the folds as a pocket for the tag. The tag is made using my Big Shot and a Tag die, with some spare patterned card from what I had printed for the card. I made up some flowers with my punches, and some more of that spare card, along with some shiny gold for an accent. I also put some of that gold round the sentiments just to give it a lift. Then I finished off with placing the flowers, and adding some leafy bits, ribbon and bow.



Right I'm off to see what the rest of the resident DT have come up with at Crafty Creations. . . Why don't you follow me over there??

13 comments:

mulberry station said...

This is just too cute Teri! Love everything about it!

Rose said...

This is so clever and cute Teri! Congrats on your Guest DT spot. Enjoy!

LINDA said...

OH Teri, This is just adorable..Dont think Ive ever seen this image before its sooo cute.. Love the design too..
Hugs, Linda

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Teri, wow what a gorgeous card, just loving that birdie image! hugs Linda x

PaperCrafty said...

Wonderful card Teri!! Love the fold!! Congrats on the GD spot!!

Saskia said...

Hello Teri,

I'm so happy that you're our Guest Designer for this month! Congratulations!

And you made us a lovely card!!!

Saskia :)

acreativeneed said...

Hi Teri! Your card is fabulous!! I love the three folds, and great design! We are so happy, and lucky to have you as part of the design team this month at Crafty Creations!!
smiles,Deena

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

This is a fantastic creation. I absolutely love it.

hugs Ali x

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Teri! What a FABULOUS creation! Love it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Kim said...

Yay!!!! Love your card. That flower and tag are fab! The acorns are too cute!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

shelly said...

hi teri
congrats on being our nov guest designer..well deserved!
love your pocket card :) shelly

Bonibleaux Designs said...

ADORABLE!! What a sweet, sweet card!

Hope Jacare said...

Great card Teri - love it! Welcome on board - it'll be lovely working with you! Cheers claire x