Wednesday, 18 November 2009

GDT at Crafty Creations - Metal

Hi again.

Time for my third spot as GDT at Crafty Creations. This week it's all about Metal, and is sponsored by Doodles by Hope Jacare. Some lovely goodies up for the winner!!



I used one of her images, the sportscar, which I coloured with my watercolour pencils. I used a sketch from Friday Sketchers for the layout, but turned it sideways to accomodate the car. The diagonal strips are actually images of some spoked wheels which kind of match the wheel on the image - just noticed that!!

I put the whole thing onto a glossy black card, and put the image on a silver mirri card that I scratched into, not too happy with that bit, but it don't look too bad on the card. The circles are the same silver card, with pearlescent gold star punched shapes on top.

Last thing I did was to surround it all with some metallic silver ribbon, which I just folded at the corners rather than cut it. Makes an interesting effect. . .

So, just one more card to do, and that's me done. Where has November gone?? I have enjoyed my little stint at Crafty Creations very much. Thanks ladies!! Now, what to do for that card. . .

6 comments:

Hope Jacare said...

Fab card Teri - great job you're doing at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

Lynda said...

I think you've done a fantastic card to cover the theme of metal. I wouldn't have had a clue - perhaps just put a charm on it. This is just perfect Teri.

Love Lynda xxx

Saskia said...

Teri,

Great card! Lovely to have you as a GD at Crafty Creations!

Saskia :)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
A great man type card. The metallic effects are fabulous. I really like this one. Great job.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Deena (moonrise) said...

Hi Teri! I can't believe how fast November has gone too! Your card is super! We really do appreciate your being our GD this month!!
Smiles,Deena

Kim said...

Adorable! Love this racy little car! Just fab.
Blessings,
Kim xXx