Monday, 9 November 2009

Digital Ink Co #10 - Use a Quote

Hiya folks!

Phew, just done the shopping run, so now I get to blog and lunch at the same time (ugh - messy keyboard!) I have my liitlest one home from school today with a croupy cough and cold, so she is miserable as sin too. I'll try to keep it short.

Time for challenge no. 10 at Digital Ink Co. TEN already!! Where do the weeks go to?!? This week we have to use a quote, as well as our alloted designer.



I got to use an image by Ildi Co from the Digital Ink Co Shoppe, and I chose this one to go with a quote I found on the internet. It reads: 'Friends are the sunshine of life' - by John Hay



I kept everything simple so I didn't take away from the image and quote together. I made some flowers with my punches to match the backing paper, which is from Raspberry Road Designs, and is part of an Autumn set.

Then I added a few leafy bits with another punch, and popped some shiny gold card here and there, to add a bit of 'sunshine' to the card.

So, your turn now guys! Show us your quotations. . . oh and your cards/projects too!! Head on over to the Digital Ink Co. Challenge Blog and peruse the DT's fabby creations!!

14 comments:

Terri's Cards N' More said...

Beautiful card. Love the flower embellishments and the quote.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW... I just LOVE this creation Teri!! The colors are just perfect and your addition of hand punched flowers are PERFECT to adorn this lovely little couple!! Awesome sentiment too ... WELL DONE my friend! Hope you have a happy day!!

TannyP said...

Beautiful work, Teri! That's such a great quote =) Your flowers are the perfect addition...love the popped up image!

Micki said...

Beautiful card. You did a wonderful job on the image and I love love love this quote!!!!

PS: Love your Candle of Hope card. It's absolutely fabulous. :-)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is one beautiful card. A beautiful sweet image and those flowers are out of this world. Cold today down here - how is it with you?
Hugs,
Fiona x

LINDA said...

This is simply gorgeous.. Love the colors and the design is just wonderful..Very lovely!!!
Hugs, Linda

joey said...

Hiya Teri

hope your little one is feeling much better soon.xxx

Your card is beautiful, fab sentiment

Joey.xxx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

Another fabulous card. Aren't they sweet.

Hugs Ali x

Judy said...

This is an incredibly beautiful card!! Gosh it's gorgeous. Love it!

Kim said...

Delightful card! Love your design and your fabby image! Those flowers and that quote are divine! love it!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Lisa B said...

This is a piece of artwork for sure! The colors are PERFECT and thensome. You really did showcase this stamp amazingly. I also love the flowers...I guess you can say I love everything about it!

Hugs,
Lisa

Michelle said...

Perfect Teri, your work is just so lovely.
x Michelle

Helen Dooley said...

Love this image, I can't wait to play. But I love you card. Very classy looking.

Diane Davies said...

Great card! Love the colors. : )