Monday, 2 November 2009

Digital Ink Co #09

Hi all,

Hope you have all recovered from the weekend's battering here in the UK.

We have floods here again in North East Scotland, and only 6 weeks or so since the last lot! Not nearly as devastating here in my village though, but the local rivers have all burst their banks again!

Thankfully I managed to get through and do my weekly shop this morning, and the son's birthday pressies are all wrapped for tomorrow (a big 10 for him!), AND I have phoned my Dad, who's birthday is today, AND I have bought pressies for my daughter's friend who's b'day is also tomorrow!!! GOD I hate the beginning of November - soooo much going on! Roll on December, Christmas shopping is so easy compared to this last week. . .!

Right, to business. Today is the launch of a new theme at Digital Ink Co Challenge Blog, and this week we have a colour challenge for you. A pretty easy one this week, after last week's recipe.


I got to use an image by Sue from Beary Dust at the Digital Ink Shoppe, and I chose this lovely little Ballerina Bear, as there was some pink colours to be used.



The blue is very faint in the background, and backing the circle shape. The green is on the leaves. I coloured the image with the usual watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads. The papers were mostly from Cuddly Buddly, along with the floral images and frame. The blue paper was a freebie from somewhere. . . Ribbon for the bow was from my stash.

There is so much going on at the shoppe at the moment:






So now it's your turn. Head over to the DI-Co Challenge blog and find out what you could win!!

14 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

So, so sweet Teri! I always love the dimension you give your creations and this one is just adorable!!! All the pretty flowers circled around your image is an excellent idea! Well done my friend!! Bravo!!

PaperCrafty said...

Very sweet card Teri!!

Rose said...

This is so pretty Teri! The image is just adorable! Very girlie! I hope your weather improves! Take care!

TannyP said...

You've always got the greatest cards with such fabulous dimension, Teri! Awesome work as usual. Love that adorable ballerina!

Avril Ann said...

Super Cute Card, love it, lucky you getting to use this lovely image, you sound like you are having a busy time off it with birthdays at the minute, hopefully the rain will dry up soon, we have blue skies here in Edinburgh today, so I am off to the shed soon. Hugs Avril xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love these colours and the image is beautifully done. Gorgeous.

Did you get my second comment on yesterday's post?
Hugs,
Fiona x

Judy said...

Awww Teri,

This card is so dog gone cute!!! and you are such a good little designer!! Thank you so much for all you do hun!!

Micki said...

Oh great card! You colored her great and love the floral circle frame. Great card my friend! Hope the rains stop soon.... we generally don't get the floods until spring!!!

hugs

Kim said...

OMG Teri, you really aced this challenge! I think your card is so adorable! Your bear looks like she just danced in the recital of her life! Those flowers are just the perfect touch and your coloring, beautiful!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Kelly Landers said...

So precious! Ca-ute, cute cute!!

LINDA said...

Adorable!!! Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Diane Davies said...

This is such a cute card! I love the bear. Coloring is awesome. : )

Raquel said...

Super cute!!! I love how made the bear 3-D!!! Your card is just perfect, I love it!! Great job!!!

Hugs,
Raquel

Bonibleaux Designs said...

You did this image up so pretty! I have a hard time with really large areas and coloring LOL I need to take lessons from you!!