Monday, 30 November 2009

Christmas Poinsettia

Hiya folks,

All recovered from the gluttony at the weekend have we? -this is for my American friends!

A few of my ex-DT mates and I decided to challenge ourselves to make something with one of my images from my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. They decided we should use the Poinsettia image, as it is about that time of year when they hit our shops big time!!

Now, I have a few challenges that I have also covered with this creation, which is a Stationery Set, so here goes:

First I followed a sketch for the front of it. This is from Sunday Sketch and Stamp. It is my first time entering here on this challenge blog, so I hope it will do for them. . .



Next up, the colours were chosen for the Stampin' for the Weekend challenge, again my first time here too! The colours were Lilac and Silver, and they also wanted it to be a Gift Card with Tag. I decided for my Set to make the Tag bit into a Bookmark. Hope that's OK with them . . .?


At the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge, they wanted us to make something to give as a gift, well I think this qualifies for that one, no bother.



At The Pixie Cottage they want to see some stitching. Sorry but I don't sew, but I do cheat and I have put some fake stitches round the edges with a silver gel pen. Not that noticeable really, but there you go. It was a bit on the dark side for my photos, so please excuse their naff-ness!!



Finally (phew!) the theme of Christmas was required at Papertake Weekly AND at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday.



All the papers were from Tinker & Co, which I altered to make the right colour. I followed some templates for the envelopes, and the notelets were easy enough. Just the pic printed in one corner of an A4 sheet and folded into quarters.


The actual holder was made with three sheets of A4 card. Two were folded in half and then stuck together at the back to make a tri-fold. Then I cut the tabbed pockets from the other sheet and stuck to the main card. This was all then covered with the papers, and inked round the edges with silver ink, then I put the fake stitching round with my silver gel pan. Finally I cut out some more Poinsettia images and placed them in the corners.


Well that's it for now then. MUST go and do some dreaded housework. This took me most of the day!!

29 comments:

Toucan Scraps said...

beautiful set of projects, love the 3D work

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Absolutely STUNNING!! This is a beautiful idea for gift giving - I am going to have to add a few of these to my list for the holidays! As always you ROCK!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWZA ... this is AWESOME!!! And your poinsetta image is just PERFECT!!! Love the richness of the colors ... what a wonderful gift idea!!! FANTASTIC!!!

Diane Davies said...

WOW!!!! That is fabulous!!

TannyP said...

Gorgeous, Teri! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Words almost fail me. This collection is gorgeous, beautiful & stunning. I love the colours and the flowers just press the right buttons for me. The punched borders are amazing.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

Teri, please don't mention the H word!!! What a fantastic project, the poinsettia is very versatile.

Hugs Ali x

CreaRenata said...

Beautiful card Teri! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage again!

Arianne said...

Great card!
Thank you for joining us at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Avril Ann said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, this project is just, sorry lost for words.....love it....Hugs Avril xxxx

Rose said...

Gorgeous stationery set, I love it, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose xx

Jennifer Scull said...

wow, wow, and more wow!!!!! I am just amazed at each of these!!! gorgeous work!!!
and I am sorry that it is 'ex' on the DT. but glad y'all are still hangin' out together!! :) that is the best part!

great colors here, too! gonna see the other neat things you have been drawing! it's been too long since I've been a'visitin'! sorry about that....

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous project Teri!! I love the poinsetta image!!

Michelle said...

Stunning work teri, love what you have done with all these but the notlet set is amazing. Love the way you've placed the poinsetias.
x Michelle

mulberry station said...

Wow, do I ever love this stationary set. Beautiful work, Teri.

Peggy said...

Wow great work !!!

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge !!

Peggy

Di said...

WOW this project is quite stunning!
love what you have done and the poinsettia images really clever.
Fabulous!!!
Thanks for joining SFTW

Hug DI xx

Anesha said...

Beautiful projects. Lovely soft colours and great design. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! This is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Trimgym said...

Wow Teri, this is gorgeous, someone is going to be very happy. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Love,

Jo.

Gunn (Merete) said...

OOHH, it is only one thing to say about your project. It is beautiful, love everything about it. Well done on this fantasic job.
Thanks for joining SFTW and good luck.
Gunn :-D

SemSee said...

What a wonderful stationary set! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this fortnight at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! Hugs, Sem x (SS&S DT)

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for joining us this week in the C.R.A.F.T. challenge "Christmas gift"A really fabulous stationery set Teri - its lovely!Cheers Claire x

Mimiko said...

These are really beautiful :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira XX

Eiglas said...

Gorgeous projects Teri!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T and for having our logo on your sidebar!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Sandra said...

WOW!! Very, very beautiful work!!!

Anne said...

WOW Teri! What a beautiful card!
Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Tammy said...

WOW....this is one stunning set!! WOW WOW WOWO!!!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good luck!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing with the Pixies :) Cheers!
Kristen