Saturday, 28 November 2009

Chilli Penguin

Hi again folks!

Second post for today so scroll down for the first one!

This card is for two challenges. First one is the sketch, from the lovely ladies at Friday Sketchers. Another great sketch ladies!!


Second at La-La-Land the challenge is to use 3 DP's, 2 Cardstock and 1 Embellishment (but you can use loads of it!)




I made this card with yet another Tinker & Co set named 'Merry Fishmas'. He is such a cute Penguin, and looks somewhat startled - maybe he caught a whale! LOL I have used three of the DP's from that set, and made the pale snowflake shapes with the pale backing left-overs.

For the two cardstocks, I used a small amount of gold mirri, and some lovely blue from my local craft shop. I also used this blue for the centres of the snowflake shapes behind the main image. For my embellishment I used a few silver snowflake padded shapes. Last of all I added some shiny dimension paint dots in the corners, and some glitter on his hat. Oh, not forgetting a bit of ink round the edges!!

Right, off to do some DT stuff now then. . .

13 comments:

Elena said...

What a cute Penguin card! I love the adorable layout and beautiful snowflakes!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week at La-La Land!

Kim said...

Teri,
You know I so adore this penguin! I so love the blues and the sparkly frosty snow on his hat! Your dps and snowflakes are a wonderful addition! Love it, lady!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Saskia said...

Hihi... soooo cute!!! I LOVE it!!!

Saskia :)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is a cracker. I love the colours and the image is super cute. Beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

joey said...

Hiya Teri

this is fabulous, gorgeous penquin and fantastic colours!

Joey.x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Gorgeous card and I love the image. You were a winner of one of the Rusty Pickle images in my sneaky peaks I will email it to you shortly.

Congrats and thanks for your support,

Hugs Ali x

Kristine said...

Awww, this guy is SOO CUTE!! :) Great card Teri, and thanks so much for entering him in our LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!

Beth Norman said...

Very nice. I really like that blue and orange together.

Kathy said...

This is just adorable!!!! Love that sweet penguin! Fabulous job with the recipe! Thanks so much for playing at La La Land!
:)Kathy

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Fabulous!! Just the sweetest little penguin! Terrific layout... love the combination of dp that you used. Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Kim Y. said...

How adorable! Love this little cute penguin! I love how you popped his feet! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

Irina said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Maureen said...

This is too cute! Love that penguin with all the dimension and the snowflakes are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge and congrats on making Top 3!