Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Celtic Snowflakes

Hi folks.

This card is for a couple of challenges. First the sketch, from Penny's Challenge. Lovely and simple design! Then at Bizzy Bec's they want 'Christmas, Snowflakes and Glitter'. My first time for this challenge, so I hope it will do.



Those circles on the sketch just cried out to be made into baubles, but I don't have any images of baubles, so decided to make my Celtic Snowflake image, available at Delicious Doodles, into one by putting it in reverse (white on black) on a black circle. Then I cut out some more and raised them up with a foam pad underneath. I framed the whole thing with a Celtic Knot Frame, and put the text on. All this was done on the computer, and then printed out. No messy bits!!

Last job was to finish the card. I dotted some silver glitter pen round each bauble, and daubed silver ink round the edges too, then added some metallic glittery ribbon bows, so I hope that will qualify for the 'glitter' bit. . .

12 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Teri this is elegant, I love it. love the monochrome look too, you have been busy today. Hugs Avril xxx

Penny D. said...

Very beautiful!

Thanks for playing along this week!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! These are the most gorgeous snowflakes EVER!!!!
What a beautiful card, Teri!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lynda said...

This is absolutely stunning Teri and it looks fabulous in the black and white.

Love Lynda xxx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

Sorry I haven't been by recently - cold and lack of sleep!!
Fabulous card and love the bauble idea.
Congrats on your wins recently too - keep seeing your name!!

Hugs Ali x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Ooooh I really like this classy card. the images are beautiful and the bordering is something special. Absolutely gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Alison (Groovycrafter) said...

This is what i call a luxurious card..."STUNNING"!!!
Thanks for playing along at PC'S challenges.
Hugs Alison.xxx

Anne said...

Oh Lord Teri, you've done it again!! Total and utter class!!! Wow, this is so elegant - I'd love to have your vision, Celtic knots for snowflakes? Genius! Absolute genius! I love this (in case you hadn't guessed!!!) Big hugs XXX

Saskia said...

So beautiful and so elegant!

Saskia :)

Abby said...

Your card will certainly do! Love the simple elegance...Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creatilicious...hope you'll join us next month.

Abby:)

Kim said...

Oh my good friend, this is incredible! Your celtic snowflakes are stunning. Love what you did with Penny's challenge this week. Your card is just stunning. You are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for playing wit us again this week at Penny's Challenges!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cheryl said...

So beautiful and elegant!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
Hugs xx