Sunday, 8 November 2009

Candle of Hope

Hi folks!

At last I get to the compy - kids!!



Only one challenge though for this card today, and that is at DU2DS, where there is a lovely little sketch to follow.

This one just cried out for me to finish my Candle image that I have been working on, so I did, and duly popped it in the centre panel, with the word 'Hope' under it. This Candle image will be available in my shop Delicious Doodles soon, when I have finished messing with some other stuff to upload at the same time.


It has been coloured with my trusy watercolour pencils, and layered for dimension. For the side panels, I used a little swirly heart from somewhere or another. . . to which I added the word 'Love'.

The middle panel is a grey tint of a Funky Hand paper. I put some ribbon round the edges too, and tied in a bow to rest on the centre panels, while putting the other Heart panels on top of the ribbon on foam pads.


I kept the background as a faint grey tinted print of a Tinker & Co. paper, so as not to take over the card. I wanted it to be subtle, with the candle as the main feature. I 'hope' I did that, and the hearts don't overpower it too much . . .

10 comments:

mulberry station said...

Teri, I love your candle with the ivy...It is gorgeous! The bows add a nice touch to the card too.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

What a fantastic card. The image is great and will be very versatile over the coming month.

HUgs Ali x

Lynda said...

This is a beautiful image you've created Teri and a very beautiful card too!

Love Lynda xxx

Nilla said...

Wow, this is stunning! Absolute love it! Hugs Nilla

Kim said...

Another gorgeous card. Love the candle and the ivy. YOur design is brilliant on this. those bows are yummy!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kim said...

Another gorgeous card. Love the candle and the ivy. YOur design is brilliant on this. those bows are yummy!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

LINDA said...

WOW!!! What a absolutely gorgeous card.. The design is awesome..Fantastic image.. Just Beautiful!!
Hugs, Linda

Michelle said...

Sooo beautiful Teri, a fabulous digi - hurry up and pop it in your shop!!
x Michelle

Larissa said...

Very elegant card! I love what you did with the ribbon and the squares! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Teri and such a beautiful image! Love how you decoupaged the image and the way you interpreted the sketch. Glad you joined us on DU2DS. Chris :)