Thursday, 19 November 2009

Candi the Silver Angel

Hiya folks!

This card today is for a couple of challenges.

First the sketch, which is from Midnight Madness. Another lovely one ladies!! Keep 'em comin'! Then I chose to use the colour theme at Digital Tuesday, which is to use 'White, Purple and gold or silver'. This sounded lovely, so off to work I went!!



I used my Candi the Angel image, which is available in my shop - Delicious Doodles - along with the Poinsettia image that I used for the flowers. I coloured Candi with my trusty watercolour pencils, and popped some silver stickles on the halo. She has also been layered decoupage style, with foam pads. For the flowers, I only coloured the green leafy bit, and left the other layers white, but just added some more stickles to the edges, and to the flower centres.



Found some yummy curling ribbon in my local chemist the other day - so just HAD to have it, and then some!! I have used a bit of it here for the twirly bits.



The ribbon at the side is from my stash, as is the silver at the bottom. The charm has been hanging about in my 'bits box' for ages, so it was about time I used it!!

The backing paper is from The Little Scrap Garden. I made it into black and white in photoshop, as it was a different colour, but I liked the pattern and wanted to use it. I mounted everything onto some gorgeous silver foil card that I got from the local craft shop last year, and thought it needed using!

11 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri - love this Christmas card!! Your colours are gorgeous and go so beautifully with your DIVINE angel! Love the layered flowers and all of you embellishing!! I am loving this!! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. We look forward to seeing you again next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wonderful card, Teri! The flowers and details are just amazing. Beautiful work on the Digital Challenge challenge. Thanks for joining us!

Phyllis said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love you colors, flowers and that angel is precious. Wonderful creation!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing along with us this week!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Ellie said...

This is just gorgeous. I love your image and the flowers you attached. Awesome sketch too. I'm so glad you played the digital tuesday challenge!

Michelle said...

Wow Teri, you've been mega busy!! love the new digi's and all the cards you've been making, paticularly the celtic baubles, it works beautifully.
x Michelle

Dragonlady said...

This is so fab Teri, love your angel image and all the fab flowers and dangly bits!!!

Hugs Ali x

Carol said...

Oooo Teri these colors are just luscious. I am going to have to try these. What an inspiration!!! Gorgeous card with that cute angel image and those yummy poinsettia. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. It is a delight to stop by and see what you have done with the sketch.

Carol
MMSC-Design Team

PaperCrafty said...

Lovely card Teri!! Love all the embellis!!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Terri, you've done a fabulous job with the sketch, your color combination is a real treat...just beautiful! Your flowers look great and I love how 3d they are. Beautiful work on this sweet angel.
Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Maria Matter said...

Teri, this is lovely! You did a fabulous job with these colors!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Digital Tuesday!!!
Blessings, Maria

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely textures on this cute card. The star charm looks awesome!
hugs,
Cabio