Saturday, 21 November 2009

Bee Thankful

Morning all!

Ah, these easel cards are fun aren't they? This is only my second one, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm entering this into two challenges today. The first is at Sophisticat, where they have a yummy sketch to follow. The second is at La-La-Land, where the theme is to 'Be Thankful'.



I took a break from Christmas and Thanksgiving cards and made this more 'Spring-like' by using some lovely papers by Tinker & Co called Spring Fling, and by using my image Bee with Flower, available in my blog shop Delicious Doodles. I coloured the Bee image with my watercolour pencils and layered with foam pads for that 3d effect.



Inside, the flowers are made with punches and some spare of the DP. I used a Martha Stewart border punch - my newest aquisition (been wanting one of these for EVER!) These punches don't like card much do they?? Even when it is quite thin. I left the inner square blank for folk to write a wee note on.



Right, need to spend the day sorting out my hallway - left it for days unattended so I need to finish what I started. Do you ever do that? Start a job and leave it forever, unfinished and neglected. . . ?

***Note to self - STOP DOING THAT!! *** LOL

18 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Teri I just love this Easel Card, and the image is just too cute, love it....get that hall finished girl....LOL, thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Kim said...

Terri, this is a "beeutiful" card. Love those papers and your bee is darling. you are so incredibly talented. My school mascot is the yellowjacket, I'll have to do one of these on a scrap page for my class. Your coloring is brillinat.
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Meikoningin said...

What a gorgeous and happy card ! Well done :D

Rose said...

This is just so cute Teri! Adorable new image and I am crazy about these easel cards! So much fun to make! Have a wonderful weekend!

PaperCrafty said...

Very cute Teri!! I am loving these easel cards too!! Great job!!

Saskia said...

Lovely, 'happy' card!

Saskia :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

BEEautiful!! I love it and the easel card too.

Hugs Ali x

PresentStorm said...

That bee is just the cutest! Love the way you colored it and the paper layering. Great card!

Anne said...

No Teri, I would NEVER start a domestic job and leave it half finished......I just don't bother to start them in the first place!! LOL!!! :o)

Your card is absolutely WONDERFUL!! I so admire your talent, and the things you make with your images are incredible!! Another class card here! :o) xx

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Oh Teri...this is Beeeautiful honey lol I love it. Perfect take on Sems Sketch.
Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats this week. Hope to see you back soon!
Hugs
Lisa.xx
DT / Owner

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
What a gorgeous bright and colourful card with a great wee image. It's so cute. The punched border is fabulous.
Hugs,
fiona x

JanJay said...

What a fab card, you image is absolutely delightful - love it!

Thanks so much for playing along at Sophisticats this week & best of luck

Jan xx

Elena said...

Love this Easel card, so beautiful! Bee is so cute! Really love the dimension!
Thank you so much for joining La-La Land Challenge this week!

Irina said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Oh gosh! This is just the cutest! Love the image! Thank you for playing along with us this week at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Kristine said...

SUPER CUTE!! Love this adorable bee and love the easel style too! Thanks for playing along with us at LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenges!!

Maureen said...

I love easel cards and you did a great job with this one! Love that image and all the dimension! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Kim Y. said...

How cute! Love the little bee! Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!