Thursday, 12 November 2009

Autumnal Green Man

Hi folks.

This one is a quickie today, as I have loads to do for a Ladies Pampering Evening tonight, where I will (hopefully) be selling some of my wares.

I made this card for the Funky Hand Challenge, Get Funky! The theme for this month is Autumn Woodland. You need to use something from the Funky Hand range for these challenges, so I used a bit of paper from one of their downloadable kits: Paper Blossom. Trouble is, the colour wasn't quite right for what I had in mind, so I tweaked it a bit in photoshop to get what I wanted - hope you lassies don't mind me doing that with your artwork!!



The image is one of my own, the Green Man, available for purchase in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I coloured him with watercolour pencils, and then scanned him into the computer so I could print him out a few times for layering. I printed him on glossy paper for a deeper, richer colour. I also printed some extra for the leafy bits round the outside.



I made a frame out of the Funky Hand paper, and layered onto coloured and shiny gold card. Then I layered the Green Man to look like he was peering through the frame.

Right, off to buy some laminating pouches now then. . .

8 comments:

Anice said...

Oh this is wonderful Teri. Thank you for joining in with this months challenge over at Get Funky!
(Oh and I don't mind at all you having a play with my designs..take them and make them your own, especially when you make such fab creations!)
Anice xx

Dragonlady said...

How do you do it, this image is amazing and all done by you. I wish I could draw!!! Great card Teri.

Hugs Ali x

Dolly said...

Fabulous card Teri, so creative. I so wish I could draw. Thanks for joining in the fun at Get Funky. :)x

Allison said...

ooh that's fab and clever you coming up with that image its great
Thanks for playing along this month again at Get Funky
AllisonX

Tip Top said...

I am so in awe!! Fantastic and such a good take on the theme! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

Suzy B said...

Wow this is great... what a good idea to scan the completed stamped image for layering..
thx
Sue B

Enfys said...

What a fantastic card Teri, love your artwork!
hugs
Enfys x

Kathy said...

wow! stunning card and a fab image, (We have a few Green Man pubs around here, we had our wedding reception at one of them, actually!) I love the rich effect you got with the glossy paper