Sunday, 11 October 2009

Winter Wonderland - Gingerbread

Hi folks, and happy Sunday to ya!

Time for another Winter Wonderland theme to get you ready for Christmas, and it's a yummy one today, as we want to see all things Gingerbread!!

A big thank you to all who entered our Sleigh Bells theme last week - such a lot of variety out there! Another big thank you to our sponsor this week, the lovely Regina at the Cutting Cafe. She is offering three digi's to the winner - yeay!



I chose to use a combination of two sets I had recently purchased at Scrapbooking Mad, both on a Gingerbread theme - these are all downloadables, perfect!



I made a step card this time for a change, by printing my backing paper (Tinker & Co) onto card, and then folded it to get the result I wanted (took a couple of tries to get it right!). Then I printed out the elements onto a glossy card - you get a deeper, richer colour on glossy. Then I added a couple of die cut holly leaves, a bow and some snow paint and glitter snow.



The bag was really simple, using one of Regina's templates to cut it out, then stick together. I printed a couple of Gingerbread people from the set and stuck them on the bag, along with the fold-over top attached with staples. Topped off with a bow. Job done!

Such a lot of inspiration from the DT this week too - why don't you get over to Winter Wonderland and take a look!

12 comments:

Teri said...

This is beautiful Teri! I love the card, it's so different .... and the gift bag is adorable! xxx

Pascale said...

Wow I love your projects Teri they are superb. I love those cute gingerbread people and the little scene is perfect. I am having a little play with your goodies today...! Hugs Pascale

Kim said...

First, I saw that you're a winner this week at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle. Yay, congrats!!!!!!
Now on to this incredible set! The bag is fantastic. I does look easy to create. That card, look at all the detail in it. This looks like a lot of work, but it has great pay off in the end!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Clarky J said...

Wow Teri I love this! Must check out those digis too!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

This is absolutely fabulous. I really love your step card and the ginger bread town.

Hugs Ali x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Ooooh I just love these. The colours are so vibrant and the gingerbread characters are brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Maria Matter said...

Teri, these are fabulous...you have such a 'professional' style!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Helen said...

These are fab!
Love the little gingerbread houses!
Helen x

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute stepper card Teri!! Love it!!

Micki said...

Wow (again).... that is awesome. Haven't tried a stair-step card yet....but this one is awesome. Thanks about the tip of printing on glossy cs..... I didn't know that!

hugs

Meikoningin said...

Oh how cute !! Those gingerbread people are just so sweet, well done :)

Kelly Landers said...

Love this!! I put up a Christmas village every year in my house and this sure made me think of that!! Well done!!