Sunday, 4 October 2009

Sleigh Bells Ring. . .

Well folks, here we are at another weekend. Time for a new theme at Winter Wonderland. We had a great time wading through all the entries for last week, such a lot of lovely ideas for gift bags/boxes etc. Excellent work all!

This week we want to hear 'Sleigh Bells Ring'! You can make anything you want - a card, tag, wordbook, anything!



I decided to make something I haven't tried before - a little gift holder - but obviously I wanted a Sleigh shaped one. I saw this idea when trawling through the internet for inspiration. There were quite a few ideas along these lines, so I adapted a few of them into my own design.

I made the seperate pieces from pearlescent cream card, and then cut some more bits in shiny gold to stick on top, to add a bit of extra 'something'. It was pretty flat looking before I added the gold.

For some extra 'bling' I added some swirly gold pen, gold stickles and dimension pen, gold gems, and a couple of bow bits that I had 'recycled' from my birthday present (chocolates). Knew I would find a use for those bits!

Last but not least I found a bit of gold tissue paper to use as a base for the new choccies in the photo - sorry but they are all gone now too!! Me and chocolate, eh!



So there you have it. Hope you like it. I might use it to display with my Christmas cards for sale in my little front window. . .

Anyway, now you get to have a go. Head over to Winter Wonderland for some more DT inspiration, and have a go yourself! Can't wait to see what you get up to. . .

6 comments:

Teri said...

Absolutely beautiful Teri! xxx

Kim said...

Stunning, I know that you would come up with something this amazing! You are my hero!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Helen said...

This is fabulous! What a great gift!
Helen x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OH MY GOSH Teri ... this is awesome!! Well done!

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute Terri!! What a great way to give a gift!!

Jackie said...

wow Teri this is fabby... I love it, well done you xxx