Thursday, 8 October 2009

Skull And Crossbones


Hi there folks.
A combined challenge entry today, with my newest doodle, available now at Delicious Doodles.

This card is going into three challenges. First up, the sketch from Midnight Madness. A bit more challenging this week, with different elements to think about. Kept me thinking for a while anyway!

Then the them, which is of course - Halloween! That means I get to enter them at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday Challenge, and also at a Spoon Full of Sugar, as this is their themes for the week.

I kept the colour palette limited for this one, in the hope it would be more effective. I used a green bazzill background, with some black ribbed card that I also ran through the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder that has a spiders web. Then I smudged some metallic silver rub on over the raised bits to give it a highlight.


The Skull and Crossbones are my own Digital Image, that I coloured with watercolour pencils, just in one brown colour to give an aged appearance. You can see it better in this close-up. I layered the skull bit on foam pads. Then in place of the eyelet bits on the sketch, I put some little crossbones.

The sketch suggested ribbon round the centre panel, but I don't have any the right colour for this, so I went with something I had seen recently, and that was some paper that was folded round the edges to look like ruffled material. Not sure if it worked or not, what do you think?

15 comments:

Carol said...

I think this is absolutely fabulous. The spider webs came out awesome...the ruffled paper around the image is mesmerizing and the cross bones are magnificent. This is a brilliant Halloween card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMSC. Be sure to mark your calendar for our blog hop on Oct 16 for fun and prizes!

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

Phyllis said...

Wonderful Halloween card!! Love the ribbon you pleated around the main image. Those background spider webs are great and your images are very cute and colored very realistic!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week. We will be looking for you next week too!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

TannyP said...

Wonderful webs, Teri! Your doodles are so great =)

joey said...

Fantastic card Teri, the embossing, and layout looks brill! Thankyou for the doves :O) they arrived and I cant wait to play with those, you are super talented! Joey.xxx

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Terrific card! I love your spiderwebs!

Jenn said...

Awesome card. Love the webs. Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Priscilla said...

WOW WOW WOW!! I just love this card..you are going to have fun with next weeks sketch, I can already tell :) What a great card and wonderful take on the sketch. Reminders.. you can get an extra entry for the MMSC22 Weekly Bonus Prize just for adding the Blog Hop logo to your side bar and today is the last day to enter the Huge Workbox giveaway if you have not done that yet. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

Wow great pirate image and fab card. Any thoughts about drawing a treasure map and chest to go with the pirate theme?

Hugs Ali x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Terri, what a fabuloous card!! Love those cobwebs and all of your detail!! Fabulous colours as well - your card just jumps off the page!! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. We look forward to seeing you again next week! Don't forget to check back to MMSC there is so much happening at the moment...and the Blog Hop starts 16 October with 25 amazing prizes!
Linda MMSC Guest Designer

Biscuitlid said...

very spooky, the embossed background looks great

Victoria
x

Micki said...

Girl, you never cease to amaze me!!!! Love this card.... love the skull, lol and the embossed/distressed background. Awesome! Thanks for joining us at SSDS. hugs

mulberry station said...

Wonderful card Teri..Your cards are always amazing.

Regina said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Fabulous! thanks for playing along at SSDS

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow What a great card. I love the simple color choice. It really makes this card pop! What a fantastic take on the sketch challenge!
Thanks so much for sharing your artwork with us! I hope to see more of your art next week too!

I also have blog candy available this month!

Denise
Midnight Madness Design Team

Micki said...

Big congrats..... love that card but then I love all of your cards - I gotta be getting on your nerves saying that, lol......

Hugs